Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

4 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Selfish bar steward DCFC members who stop posting and go to bed when it's clear I'm still up for a bit of a chat.

@david surely it's about time you stuck one of your staff on nightshift ?

Incidentally, this post is the one million, three hundred and fifty four thousand, three hundred and twenty eighth of this magnificent place.

1) Sorry it's not a better post for such a milestone

2) watch some clever clogs will have posted while I'm drafting this to piss on my chips ?

Where are you when I want a chat?

On 11/05/2019 at 09:55, JoetheRam said:

Turns out there are some people who don't eat the two crusts at each of end of a loaf and just throw them away. Why? It's the same as the rest! What a waste.

Criminal, being thicker and boasting a slight curvature means you can cram half a pack of cheese on a single toastie. What's not to like?

On 19/05/2019 at 20:53, JoetheRam said:

Whatever the continual high pitched beeping is that seems to coming from the empty house next door that will keep me awake all night tonight which I thought stopped 3 weeks ago.

Any idea who I call about it? Or do I just fight fire with fire and get the mates round for a Sunday night rave up to drown it out?

https://www.gov.uk/report-noise-pollution-to-council

People who are always un-prepared.

Examples:

1. Yesterday went to an important meeting with one of our Directors. He had forgotten to bring important documentation that he said he was going to do, but luckily I had got 2 copies of everything with me.

2. A camping trip where the couple we were with both turned up at the start of the weekend with almost flat mobile batteries - with no electric hook-up for the tents. They spent the weekend borrowing my powerbank - which meant that I couldn't ensure that my family's devices were OK.

I'm a nice person and will always help out if I can but it doesn't half make me think I get taken advantage of by people who know that I will be prepared and organised & assuming I've got the bits in bold.

On 01/05/2019 at 18:15, BurtonRam7 said:

I used to hear this once upon a time, but not since my early school days. Funnily enough, it was the people from Tutbury who were the worst offenders.

One thing I am proud of though is the fact that we don’t pronounce the ‘T’ when it’s in the middle of a word. Thus, we live in ‘Buron on Trent’. 

I do love my hometown, for all its faults.

Aha!

So does that mean that you drink Dark Froos ?

?

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Aha!

So does that mean that you drink Dark Froos ?

?

and it tastes like shi

Irritated rather than annoyed but it's that much overused word "absolutely". You hear it all the time in answer to a question  or anything requiring a yes or indeed  

Q Are you going out tonight?  A Absolutely!"     I think it's going to be hot today.   Absolutely. 

Q Do you think we will win? A Absolutely 

Ok I've had my say. Do you think I should now go and lie down? Absolutely!

11 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Irritated rather than annoyed but it's that much overused word "absolutely". You hear it all the time in answer to a question  or anything requiring a yes or indeed  

Q Are you going out tonight?  A Absolutely!"     I think it's going to be hot today.   Absolutely. 

Q Do you think we will win? A Absolutely 

Ok I've had my say. Do you think I should now go and lie down? Absolutely!

Absolutely, totally agree. 

On 21/05/2019 at 23:31, ronnieronalde said:

Considerate shoppers who rob the poor bloke who collects the trolleys of the only bit of excitement and variation to his day ?

Not seen a trolley collector for ages since the trolleys require a pound coin to detach and use.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, dog said:

Car drivers who think they don't need to signal

And those who think an indicator on gives them the right to move over straight away on a motorway.

Drivers, drivers, drivers.

One dicksheaf came up to this set of lights the other day (on red, unlike the photo, obviously)

(It's Manor Road, left turn onto Burton Road)

61277930_10219430233447551_4261700532319

...couldn't be bothered to wait with with everyone else (though that was only about 2 cars) so chose, at a pace at which surely they can't have actually assessed the road, took this route

61190271_10219430233727558_2620414385432

tbh I sort of admire the tenacity, maybe he knows exactly what the timing of the lights is, or maybe he's just chancing it?

Its not the same but so often I see cars approaching a 4 lane roundabout in one of the middle lanes who just doesn't seem to slow down or stop and goes onto the roundabout at 40 mph, how can they possibly have seen what was already on the roundabout through the queueing cars? Nevertheless these drivers never actually seem to end up in an accident from these actions.

Are some people just extraordinarily lucky,or are they exceptionally talented drivers hiding behind the facade of being a Bamford? I can't decide.

Edited by Coconut

Sith Happens
34 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

I'm sure if you live in Derby, the parked cars right of way rules don't apply. 

?