Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

52 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm sure this has been covered before but people who video moments on their phone that they should just enjoy live. Last night went to a concert and when they did their most famous song you couldn't see the stage for people holding up phones. Why not just enjoy the moment rather than losing it only so you can watch a hazy recording once (maybe never).

Not a fan of these football vloggers then?

Random tunes that get stuck in your head.

I've just walked the 1/4 mile or so between our company's 2 buildings....humming "Vindaloo" for no reason. Half an hour later and it's still there. I now want to inflict pain on myself.

It's not even an earworm because I haven't heard the song in years. God knows where my brain has dragged it from.

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Random tunes that get stuck in your head.

I've just walked the 1/4 mile or so between our company's 2 buildings....humming "Vindaloo" for no reason. Half an hour later and it's still there. I now want to inflict pain on myself.

It's not even an earworm because I haven't heard the song in years. God knows where my brain has dragged it from.

Na Na Naaaaa

People who have poor lane discipline on the roads. Being a fairly new driver, I've been cut up so many times by drivers not positioning their cars earlier at exits. It's really scary now I don't have p plates! It's the left lane for when you want to exit, not left lane 30 yards prior to turning off, cutting in from the right and nearly taking the front of my car as a target.

Edited by SouthStandDan

43 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

People who get in the car when it’s warm and put the windows down.

I’VE GOT THE AIR CON ON

My dad's a bugger for that.

Mrs Wolfie also can't seem to get the hang of climate control...

On a warm day:

Me: Set the temp to 20C and let it do its thing.

Her: Set temp at 17C. 10 mins later: Oh, it's a bit cold - turn up to 24C. 10 mins later: Oh, it's a bit hot - turn down to 17C.......etc etc

On 10/05/2019 at 09:55, Parsnip said:

If you're taking part in a pub quiz and the question is "What year should Noel Gallagher have stopped making music?" the answer is 1996.

I've just had the misfortune of hearing his latest offering. For the sake of morbid curiosity, here it is. You're welcome.

I like it!

Edited by BurtonRam7

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:57, BaaLocks said:

Someone needs to explain to me why my wife wants to spend all winter driving around at 23C and then as soon as the sun comes out she wants it to be 17C.

Have to break this to you gently---She's a woman, its what they do to wind us up!

It gets worse- Indoors it has to be 23, for some reason in the car its 18 or she's huffing and puffing.

And as @Wolfie says we cant leave it on 18 in a cold car its wacked up to 25 before the engine is warm as if that's going to help. The other thing is this compulsion they have to adjust everything, temperature, vents, fan speed, even though its exactly how it was last time they got out of the car!

Then finally when you seem to have it all settled down and your tanking down the motorway you get "aren't you hot with that jumper on?" like you can take it off at 70+!

What would we do without them?

3 hours ago, jono said:

I love our dog. But I have more screwdrivers pliers and random tools with chewed handles than any man alive. Put something down for a millisecond and “knurled antislip grip” gets a whole new meaning 

Have you noticed it putting on weight and clanking when it walks?

Whatever the continual high pitched beeping is that seems to coming from the empty house next door that will keep me awake all night tonight which I thought stopped 3 weeks ago.

Any idea who I call about it? Or do I just fight fire with fire and get the mates round for a Sunday night rave up to drown it out?

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

Whatever the continual high pitched beeping is that seems to coming from the empty house next door that will keep me awake all night tonight which I thought stopped 3 weeks ago.

Any idea who I call about it? Or do I just fight fire with fire and get the mates round for a Sunday night rave up to drown it out?

Sounds like a smoke alarm battery that needs replacing. Has the house been rented out or is it up for sale? If so ring the agents and they will send someone to sort it. 

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Idle sods that can't be bothered returning their supermarket trolley and leave them in the middle of a parking bay. So blocking the bay and  causing an inconvenience to other shoppers.

Considerate shoppers who rob the poor bloke who collects the trolleys of the only bit of excitement and variation to his day ?

Selfish bar steward DCFC members who stop posting and go to bed when it's clear I'm still up for a bit of a chat.

@david surely it's about time you stuck one of your staff on nightshift ?

Incidentally, this post is the one million, three hundred and fifty four thousand, three hundred and twenty eighth of this magnificent place.

1) Sorry it's not a better post for such a milestone

2) watch some clever clogs will have posted while I'm drafting this to piss on my chips ?