Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

16 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Jealous of an overweight 60 odd year old washing his crack in front of a dozen other blokes? Not so much. 

Look,  I said sorry about at the time, jeez.

And I’m not 60!

Sith Happens
16 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Jealous of an overweight 60 odd year old washing his crack in front of a dozen other blokes? Not so much. 

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Look,  I said sorry about at the time, jeez.

And I’m not 60!

I think Wolfie should tell us how he knows how to determine someones age from his bum crack

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I think Wolfie should tell us how he knows how to determine someones age from his bum crack

A good assessment of many things requires a combination of all 5 senses.

7 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

The fondness of Burtonians for prouncing words that end in "D" with a "T".

E.g. Found becomes Fount.

Usually they use specifically and Pacifically interchangeably as well.

Bunch of cunds.

I used to hear this once upon a time, but not since my early school days. Funnily enough, it was the people from Tutbury who were the worst offenders.

One thing I am proud of though is the fact that we don’t pronounce the ‘T’ when it’s in the middle of a word. Thus, we live in ‘Buron on Trent’. 

I do love my hometown, for all its faults.

Edited by BurtonRam7

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I used to hear this once upon a time, but not since my early school days. Funnily enough, it was the people from Tutbury who were the worst offenders.

One thing I am proud of though is the fact that we don’t pronounce the ‘T’ when it’s in the middle of a word. Thus, we live in ‘Buron on Trent’. 

I do love my hometown, for all its faults.

Shouldn't that be I do love my homeown, for all it's fauls?

Frivolous use of dramatic words such as catastrophe or emergency.

As in climate change emergency.

If you have an emergency you expect the police(maybe not),ambulance or Fire service to out in 10 minutes with climate change they’re on about doing a bit of carbon reduction by 2050,I would question the use of the word emergency.

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Frivolous use of dramatic words such as catastrophe or emergency.

"Devastated" is a favourite of mine in this respect when describing the effect of often "first world problems"

Reading a story about Marvel fans being devastated by End Game spoilers. Annoyed?, certainly. Disappointed?, undoubtedly.

Devastated, though. Really?

It's just another way of getting attention via clickbait unfortunately.

If you're taking part in a pub quiz and the question is "What year should Noel Gallagher have stopped making music?" the answer is 1996.

I've just had the misfortune of hearing his latest offering. For the sake of morbid curiosity, here it is. You're welcome.

Ipsos MORI .. the leading polling company in the UK, a major PLC .. and guess what ? It canvasses disabled old ladies by phone

( my 89 year old mum in law ) ... wait for it ... at 9.00 at night when she’s in bed. 

this isn’t a dodgy double glazing firm .. this is a major corporation who should know better. 

I wasn’t annoyed last night, I flipping furious. 

When someone has their spelling or grammar corrected by another and responds with "Grammar Police."  i am grateful if i get corrected, as i aspire to express myself correctly and don't get why anyone would take such assistance badly and feel the need to mock the person assisting. 

Using a small i or skipping a period at the end of a sentence is something i do however, but i consider that and similar efforts as taking liberties in an effort to individualize and stylize posts.

Touchy subject, no doubt and i admit it has grey areas as i mentioned.

I'm sure this has been covered before but people who video moments on their phone that they should just enjoy live. Last night went to a concert and when they did their most famous song you couldn't see the stage for people holding up phones. Why not just enjoy the moment rather than losing it only so you can watch a hazy recording once (maybe never).