Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

6 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I mean petition to get less Burton, not more Chesterfield. As you say, it's Radio Derby.

Why would they want to do that? Why does a few minutes on Burton Albion trouble you so much? It's about 6 or 7 minutes driving from one place to the other. The Radio Derby audience covers Derbyshire and East Staffs.

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

Why would they want to do that? Why does a few minutes on Burton Albion trouble you so much? It's about 6 or 7 minutes driving from one place to the other. The Radio Derby audience covers Derbyshire and East Staffs.

I've been reading these threads confused as to why anyone can get annoyed at any of it.

I've come to the conclusion it must be a choice, and ergo I'm choosing to be annoyed at the Burton loving on BBC Radio Derby. I haven't even listened to the radio in about 5 years.

So, don't stifle my right to be annoyed. Burton should get the **** off our radio.

23 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Radio 1, especially a section called news before the news on a Saturday, where actual adult human beings phone in to tell what they are doing that day eg "I'm cutting my toe-nails says Paul in Wigan"or "Sarah in Colchster is tidying her sock draw". So I guess it's supposed to be ironic ( I think), but it's not funny so grow the funk up !!!!! And as for the big weekend that they go on about 3 months before it happens and for 3 months after, I don't give a sausage about Snoop dog playing in some muddy field in Norwich....just shut up about your big weekend and play some music!

Yes I can turn over, but I have 3 daughters with one a teen so when I'm driving them about unfortunately this is what I have to endure. I hate Radio 1

My car, my music. Anybody traveling in my car has 2 choices, listen to my music or find another way to get to your destination.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

My car, my music. Anybody traveling in my car has 2 choices, listen to my music or find another way to get to your destination.

Same in my car, unless it's a Sunday morn and Cerys Matthews comes on, with her promise of 3 hrs of the best Afghani goat herder music, in which case I gladly turn over to Kisstory! 

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Many years ago, I gave a lift home to a lad of about 18. He'd been out with one of my daughters, on a first date. When they got back, I offered him a lift back to his place.  

He got into the car, and without saying a word, ejected the cassette from the player (it was a long time ago!), and replaced it with one from his jacket pocket. Then pressed play. 

There wasn't a second date. 

11 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Many years ago, I gave a lift home to a lad of about 18. He'd been out with one of my daughters, on a first date. When they got back, I offered him a lift back to his place.  

He got into the car, and without saying a word, ejected the cassette from the player (it was a long time ago!), and replaced it with one from his jacket pocket. Then pressed play. 

He would have been able to pick his cassette up of the road straight after he had picked himself up.

People who have obviously never been shopping before, who act with complete surprise when the checkout worker asks them to insert their card, wasting valuable seconds while they root around in their handbag for a purse, then shuffle through 10 cards to find the correct one.

No, we don't accept Blockbuster video cards, madam, seeing as they went bust a decade ago.

Neither do we accept Tesco club card vouchers either, seeing as you're in Sainsbury's, you tight fisted ****.

I'd honestly allow each hand held laser scanner to be loaded with a round of live ammunition, to be fired into the forehead of the 1st ******** each day to feign suprise at being asked to pay for their goods, for the good of society as a whole.

4 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Radio 2.... I have that on at work, mainly because we're in different motors everyday and I can't be arsed to set up my DAB radio on a daily basis. My gripe is being a bit of a rock orientated fan, which they play fairly often, they will follow LedZeppelin with Little Mix.

Now, I'm sure Little Mix fans are as keen on Led Zeppelin as I am on LM but surely them and your 1D's are radio 1 material. 

I can listen to a lot of current stuff no problem if it's well written and performed but draw the line at Little Mix, it's music for little girls to spend their pocket money on isn't it ?

If they cut down on the pish, it would be an alright station, no adverts is great.

What's radio 2s demographic?

Radio 1 seems to be aimed at anyone 14 or younger, hence the fuckwittery of Dick Grisham*. 

Radio 2 plays anything from Adele to Elvis. Now forgive my here say but elvis died when I was a wee boy. His music was in the charts in the 60s - 50 years ago. If you were born in the 50s your era is more likely the late 60s, psychedelic flower power and some fabulous early rock. Late 50s and early 60s music surely is for people born in the 40s, who will be pensionable age now.

What's the station for middle aged farts like me. Or, more generally, anyone aged between 16 and 59?

Plus late night radio 2 has some fecking strange stuff. Like Hammond organ music, dance hall or C&W. Jesus.

EDIT: *Grimshaw. Dick Grimshaw. You know what I meant.

Thats very funny Revildevil :) ... But have some sympathy for us having to have so many cards !

i've got nectar, quad, and garden centre points thing ... and they are all purple 

then there's Boots cos Mrs Jono needs to have points for beauty products .. Then there's credit card normal one, then a bank card, then the other one for my work stuff, then the one for the bank account that you don't want but is good cos they actually pay some interest. Then the building soc bank account that you have to have to get an online ISA that pays more than 0.001% ..  Then my season ticket, driving licence, blood donor NHS euro travel card thing ... I think I am being defined by being a plastic card and I haven't got a single store card either ! 

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Thats very funny Revildevil :) ... But have some sympathy for us having to have so many cards !

i've got nectar, quad, and garden centre points thing ... and they are all purple 

then there's Boots cos Mrs Jono needs to have points for beauty products .. Then there's credit card normal one, then a bank card, then the other one for my work stuff, then the one for the bank account that you don't want but is good cos they actually pay some interest. Then the building soc bank account that you have to have to get an online ISA that pays more than 0.001% ..  Then my season ticket, driving licence, blood donor NHS euro travel card thing ... I think I am being defined by being a plastic card and I haven't got a single store card either ! 

No excuses, you know what shop you're in, and how you're going to pay!

Shopping on the belt, bags ready and cards out, it's a maximum of 2, payment and loyalty! 

Shopping piled in the bag, obviously leaving the eggs till last, than a quick shuffle of the payment card and points card, anything more than a 5 second delay = instant death!

Sounds harsh, but think what you could do with those extra minutes!

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

People who have obviously never been shopping before, who act with complete surprise when the checkout worker asks them to insert their card, wasting valuable seconds while they root around in their handbag for a purse, then shuffle through 10 cards to find the correct one.

No, we don't accept Blockbuster video cards, madam, seeing as they went bust a decade ago.

Neither do we accept Tesco club card vouchers either, seeing as you're in Sainsbury's, you tight fisted ****.

I'd honestly allow each hand held laser scanner to be loaded with a round of live ammunition, to be fired into the forehead of the 1st ******** each day to feign suprise at being asked to pay for their goods, for the good of society as a whole.

only the first?

7 hours ago, GboroRam said:

What's radio 2s demographic?

Radio 1 seems to be aimed at anyone 14 or younger, hence the fuckwittery of Dick Grisham*. 

Radio 2 plays anything from Adele to Elvis. Now forgive my here say but elvis died when I was a wee boy. His music was in the charts in the 60s - 50 years ago. If you were born in the 50s your era is more likely the late 60s, psychedelic flower power and some fabulous early rock. Late 50s and early 60s music surely is for people born in the 40s, who will be pensionable age now.

What's the station for middle aged farts like me. Or, more generally, anyone aged between 16 and 59?

Plus late night radio 2 has some fecking strange stuff. Like Hammond organ music, dance hall or C&W. Jesus.

EDIT: *Grimshaw. Dick Grimshaw. You know what I meant.

Absolute 80's plays some good stuff and then I switch between Smooth, Gold and my USB stick/CD player.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Whats a cassette? :blink:

You can never do right with car music. I can't stand 'driving tunes' ie anything by Chris Rea and that ilk, or Bo Rap and the shout your head off on your journey type stuff. I have one passenger who moans whatever is on, it's like an honour thing, is determined to dis my tastes.