Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

15 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Adverts that rhyme really piss me off. It's not clever, it's not engaging. Advertising people - stop doing it.

It is engaging though. The human brain remembers sayings that rhyme.

A stitch in time, saves nine (not 8 or 10)

11 minutes ago, sage said:

It is engaging though. The human brain remembers sayings that rhyme.

A stitch in time, saves nine (not 8 or 10)

Exactly. No different to having jingles/songs. I bet all of us of a certain age can still sing along to the "shake & vac" advert

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

For mash get Smash. That sort of thing?

My favourite comes from Carnation Milk manufacturers asked Isaac Asimov, who is in the best quotes thread, to come up with an advertising slogan. He replied 

No teat to twitch

No poo to pitch

Just stab that son of a bitch

CARNATION!

21 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Exactly. No different to having jingles/songs. I bet all of us of a certain age can still sing along to the "shake & vac" advert

I use that product but don't remember it all so it didn't impact me in the least.  

Anyway, I've got to go and put the freshness back before the wife gets home. 

I actually quite like Liverpool, I'm of that age where I remember watching them rule Europe. Players like Keegan, Dalglish, Clemence, Kennedy, McDermott were a joy for the neutral to watch. But this is just daft - I can think of 80+ league clubs who would have killed to have had a twenty years as 'bad days'. Treble of Cups? Istanbul? Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler? If that is the definition of bad days then bring it on.

image.thumb.png.584636f995506a6e47166c42d3d0f91f.png

More grammatical errors. This time it’s “there, their and they’re “. 

their, means belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.(I don’t like their strip)

there, means in, at or to that place or position (let’s go over there) though it can also mean to focus attention  (there, I told you we’d win) or to comfort (there there, never mind)

they’re, means they are (they’re rubbish)

its simple. I can’t understand why people get them confused ?

and don’t get me started on those posters who don’t know the difference between lose and loose, or of and have (should of etc) Grrr ? 

25 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

their, means belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.(I don’t like their strip)

there, means in, at or to that place or position (let’s go over there) though it can also mean to focus attention  (there, I told you we’d win) or to comfort (there there, never mind)

and don’t get me started on those posters who don’t know the difference between lose and loose, or of and have (should of etc) Grrr ? 

Their is no need to loose your shizzle over this. There most likely not doing it on purpose so it's not really they're fault. ?

24 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

This used to wind me up too.  To the point where I even went to a psychiatrist to calm me down a bit!

We talked it through.  I opened up to him, and explained why it riled me so much.

He then patted me on the head, gave me a big hug, and said "There, Their, They're, Your all better now".

Amazingly, he was write!   I should of done it years ago!

9 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

People that think that because it’s Christmas time social distancing in supermarkets doesn’t apply... absolute cockwombles the lot of them. 

Its not just because us Christmas i dont think.

Edited by Sith Happens