Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

12 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

People who just don't do their job - this is from the Milwall game yesterday. He let the corner be taken without the ball being moved.

Second point - stupid football laws, apparently the law is that any part of the ball can 'overhang' the white line. Why introduce ambiguity? Just make it so some part of the ball has to be touching the line - surely?

image.png.1eb70b97946f654f5a815f900976c1b3.png

BTW - I do just want to observe that Milwall have gay pride flags as corner sticks. Blimey, that's so ironic even Alanis Morisette could write a song about it.

Point 2 (after a few ciders watching the rugby) - what is the point of a corner flag anyway (besides it's obvious use as a PR spokesperson)? Why do we have them? To the earlier point, they just get in the way - just get rid, keep the ball in the quadrant / piece of pie / cheese slice and be done with it.

12 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

People who just don't do their job - this is from the Milwall game yesterday. He let the corner be taken without the ball being moved.

Second point - stupid football laws, apparently the law is that any part of the ball can 'overhang' the white line. Why introduce ambiguity? Just make it so some part of the ball has to be touching the line - surely?

image.png.1eb70b97946f654f5a815f900976c1b3.png

1. I think the tiniest bit of ball is above the very edge of the line

2. Its always been all of the ball has to be over the line for it to be 'out'. Same applies for goals scored

Edited by Ghost of Clough

15 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

My wife kept her maiden name. No changing to mine, no double barrell stuff. In fact, sometimes I get called Mr Brennan, which is kind of weird but not an affront to my masculinity. I'm quite happy not to own her.

So what names do/will the children use?

11 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

BTW - I do just want to observe that Milwall have gay pride flags as corner sticks. Blimey, that's so ironic even Alanis Morisette could write a song about it.

Point 2 (after a few ciders watching the rugby) - what is the point of a corner flag anyway (besides it's obvious use as a PR spokesperson)? Why do we have them? To the earlier point, they just get in the way - just get rid, keep the ball in the quadrant / piece of pie / cheese slice and be done with it.

I think it's just there to help officials adjudicate between a corner and a throw-in. If the ball is in the air it's a difficult call. Having the post helps you see which side of the line as it were. 

It also tells less talented players when to stop running. 

Back on subject I hate the ridiculous 'entertainment' of two attacking players shielding the ball near the corner flag whilst defenders hack away trying to get on with things. 

Usually in the last five minutes and gets the losing team's fans very irate. 

34 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

So what names do/will the children use?

They use mine. If they want to change that when they are older, that's up to them.

To be honest, I don't even remember having a conversation with her indoors about what surname the kids would use but I suppose we must have had one, just as we must have had a conversation about which country's passport they would have.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Back on subject I hate the ridiculous 'entertainment' of two attacking players shielding the ball near the corner flag whilst defenders hack away trying to get on with things. 

Usually in the last five minutes and gets the losing team's fans very irate. 

I think Martyn Waghorn hates it too, we were doing it pretty well the other night and got a couple of corners out of it until he decided he'd had enough of it and lashed one across the 6 yard box without another Derby player in sight.

23 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I think Martyn Waghorn hates it too, we were doing it pretty well the other night and got a couple of corners out of it until he decided he'd had enough of it and lashed one across the 6 yard box without another Derby player in sight.

He tried to do it a third time, he missed.  

Coffee in the sugar bowl

Bread/ toast crumbs in the butter

Butter in the jam jar

Think your getting my drift?

Wife buying sh#te on ebay,just done a three hour round trip, 160 miles for sewing machine in West brom.

Garage and attic being used for s dumping ground. Wife's Sh#te bought in ebay.

People continually phoning myself to inform me that I have been involved in a traffic accident, but they don't know where or when!

Colin Gibson opening his mouth?

Dubbed adverts.

On the rare occasion last night that I actually watched TV ads instead of fast-forwarding them, I noticed one for Calgon, badly dubbed into English, with the actors clearly speaking a different language.

Sorry, but if a market of getting on for 70 million people isn't enough for you to spend a few quid re-shooting an advert in the local language, then you don't get my cash.

I don't care if my washing machine will last longer.

8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Adverts that rhyme really piss me off. It's not clever, it's not engaging. Advertising people - stop doing it.

Adverts that use text on the screen and mimic the sound of a keyboard when the text is being wrote. 

I can't explain why but the sound really grates on me and I find myself scrambling for the mute button whilst cursing and swearing. Usually to the amusement of my partner too. 

Edited by Steve How Hard?