Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

......following on from the annoying people thread

Why does everything nowadays have to be "dubbed as" something.

Just reading on BBC News that today has been "dubbed as 'Super Thursday'" because of the elections. Why?. By Whom?. Why do we need everything to effectively have a Brand?

Don't get me started on why every scandal has to be .....gate?

I realise it's lowest-common-demonator stuff dreamed up by a lazy media copying a USA format but it does my head in.

Edited by Boycie

"Well, I certainly do want Britain to be stronger... and they say that Britain is stronger In Europe."

"But that one's telling me to vote to leave, in that case I should probably do that."

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Being able to see the tripe posted by someone I've got on ignore when others quote him. Even seeing his user name boils my piss. Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1

Oooh sassy, spill the beans!

37 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Being able to see the tripe posted by someone I've got on ignore when others quote him. Even seeing his user name boils my piss. Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1

The ignore function would work far better if it did what it says on the tin, instead of offering you the choice of reading the post or not.

I didn't make it past the a couple of posts before curiosity got the better of me, and I turned it off!

9 hours ago, Wolfie said:

......following on from the annoying people thread

Why does everything nowadays have to be "dubbed as" something.

Just reading on BBC News that today has been "dubbed as 'Super Thursday'" because of the elections. Why?. By Whom?. Why do we need everything to effectively have a Brand?

Don't get me started on why every scandal has to be .....gate?

I realise it's lowest-common-demonator stuff dreamed up by a lazy media copying a USA format but it does my head in.

I dub thee Unforgiven. Hmmm, that's a good cue for a song - or a cue for an effing fantastic song.

Sith Happens

OK, this may be controversial but being told that I should ensure a certain % of people I employee should be LGBT. Surely it should be best person for the job, I don't care if my workforce is 100% S or 100% Lgbt, or whatever we choose to brand people. Im scared to call someone by their first name incase its surnamist. Why can't we just brand people as people and have done with it.

25 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

OK, this may be controversial but being told that I should ensure a certain % of people I employee should be LGBT. Surely it should be best person for the job, I don't care if my workforce is 100% S or 100% Lgbt, or whatever we choose to brand people. Im scared to call someone by their first name incase its surnamist. Why can't we just brand people as people and have done with it.

Never liked the principal of positive discrimation but I do see the idea behind it ... someone has to storm the gates I suppose.

Oh yes! No longer do I have to confine my ire to the Tony Pulis' hat thread.

- Music being whittled down to 'the top 50 tracks of all time', 'the top 100 songs of the last 20 years', '30 riffs by Eric Clapton that influenced music in the 90's' type lists. Revisionist, look how cool I am b*llocks.

- People, good friends, co-workers who like really rubbish films. I mean yes we could go and watch the Fast and the Furious 17 or we could watch the new Scorsese.

- Being in a group of people, usually on holiday, that can't decide where to go for dinner and end up walking around for half an hour. No, I don't want to go to Rome and have a McDonalds.

- Preachy vegans... otherwise known as 99% of vegans.

- 'So called Islamic State'. What the f**k is that cop out? Just say Islamic State, it's definitely a legitimate organisation at this point in time. The BBC trying to pretend it isn't, isn't going to change things.

- When Redcar became Redka to all news correspondents. Another victim of Matt Smith disease.

- People who don't even try and pronounce long words/names correctly. Saying 'whatever that word is' makes you sound more of a moron .

- The housing crisis. Seriously. Stop building 4 bed semis for £380,000 and build some nice 1 bed apartments and 2 bed houses for less than £110,000. Buy-to-letters can die a horrible syphilis-ridden death as well.

- The five team acca becoming some sort of pillar of culture. When did wasting £10 twice a week become acceptable? You know nothing about Swindon Town, why did you put them down to win away?

- Gym people/fun run addicts. Ok, so I'm glad people are getting fitter, but going to the gym 4 nights a week or running a 10k around Tamworth or some such Northern wasteland every weekend makes talking to you so very boring. Kale and pomegranate flavour protein shakes are not an interesting conversational topic.

- T-shirts worn by aforementioned gym freaks that are 2 sizes too small to show off their biceps. Usually paired with a massive beard, beanie hat, skinny jeans and hi-top trainers.

And breathe...

34 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Oh yes! No longer do I have to confine my ire to the Tony Pulis' hat thread.

- Music being whittled down to 'the top 50 tracks of all time', 'the top 100 songs of the last 20 years', '30 riffs by Eric Clapton that influenced music in the 90's' type lists. Revisionist, look how cool I am b*llocks.

- People, good friends, co-workers who like really rubbish films. I mean yes we could go and watch the Fast and the Furious 17 or we could watch the new Scorsese.

- Being in a group of people, usually on holiday, that can't decide where to go for dinner and end up walking around for half an hour. No, I don't want to go to Rome and have a McDonalds.

- Preachy vegans... otherwise known as 99% of vegans.

- 'So called Islamic State'. What the f**k is that cop out? Just say Islamic State, it's definitely a legitimate organisation at this point in time. The BBC trying to pretend it isn't, isn't going to change things.

- When Redcar became Redka to all news correspondents. Another victim of Matt Smith disease.

- People who don't even try and pronounce long words/names correctly. Saying 'whatever that word is' makes you sound more of a moron .

- The housing crisis. Seriously. Stop building 4 bed semis for £380,000 and build some nice 1 bed apartments and 2 bed houses for less than £110,000. Buy-to-letters can die a horrible syphilis-ridden death as well.

- The five team acca becoming some sort of pillar of culture. When did wasting £10 twice a week become acceptable? You know nothing about Swindon Town, why did you put them down to win away?

- Gym people/fun run addicts. Ok, so I'm glad people are getting fitter, but going to the gym 4 nights a week or running a 10k around Tamworth or some such Northern wasteland every weekend makes talking to you so very boring. Kale and pomegranate flavour protein shakes are not an interesting conversational topic.

- T-shirts worn by aforementioned gym freaks that are 2 sizes too small to show off their biceps. Usually paired with a massive beard, beanie hat, skinny jeans and hi-top trainers.

And breathe...

Bravo. Feel better I hope?