Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 04/09/2020 at 21:55, Coconut said:

get hammered on a couple of beers and about 5 double gins, become overemotional, argumentative & wallow in self pity turning what had been a perfectly nice eveing into a stress filed & distressing night, where anything you say to them in a voice above a whisper is construed as shouting at them, bringing about a flood of tears and wailing

repeatedly

gin & menopause don't mix

Posting on behalf of a friend?

27 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Harry bloody Rednapp selling his soul to keep Sandra in silk knickers.  Roly Poly, betting companies, haemorrhoid cream. Cheesy lines for cheesy biscuits. Isn’t there anything he won’t put his name too for a bit of dosh. Gibson. 

Yeah never quite got the idea of Arry being this diamond geezer. 

The Premier League playing the poor relation card urging the government to stick to the Oct 1 date for return of fans in some capacity.

"Premier League chief executive Richard Masters has already said a failure to return fans to stadiums quickly could cost the league's 20 clubs £700m during the 2020-21 season."

These are the same clubs that make up the same league that have already spent just over £600m on just twenty players (these being the most expensive deals - granted). 

Not sure why but I'm finding it a little difficult to feel sorry for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve mentioned it before but it really annoys me when people say that fairly recent thing of saying “so” in response to a question. What brought it to mind was a contestant on The Chase. When asked what he did for a living he said  “ So, I’m a history student”. And what are your hobbies? “So, I like football and hang gliding”. And if you won the money what would you do with it? “So, I’d go round the world”.       Grrrrrrrr

Extreme reactions to Covid etiquette. 

Both in Duffield Rd Co-Op.

2 women pissed, unmasked, standing really close to people, not giving a damn about personal space. 

Then another woman, who, after I'd paid, told me to go the other way around the shop to maintain her own space and follow a one way system, pointing to the floor stickers. When I explained the aisles were narrower and with people doing shopping the other way, and that the floor stickers were for 2m markers, not to indicate one-way, she started to look panicked and told me to go the other way anyway so I didn't get too close.

I just did as I was told to avoid a confrontation, but it was odd seeing two reactions to all this that were opposite extremes.

22 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Didn’t like little Britain back in the day?

He’s good at writing children’s books too... my little girl loves them! 

Yes, which makes me partially responsible damn it, but hey even Hitler painted some nice watercolours in his youth! (well, not really, they're all a bit poo) 

Maybe Walliams should be seen and not heard!? That'd do me tbf. I just don't get his whole act and his voice does right through me.

Edited by Coconut

When people ask the obvious  just for the sake of speaking  and their response is just as daft as the question they've asked 

Examples  being ....

On a night out ... Hello what you doing here  ... Or  fancy seeing you here ..!!!

Is it cold or is it me ...!!!

Your unfortunate to have broken a part of your torso and a plaster cast is showing  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ...!!!!

You see someone you know in Drs surgery you can guarantee THEY,LL SAY ..HELLO ARE YOU ALRIGHT ..!!!

My G/Fs. classic   Are you asleep Neil ...?  I was until you woke me up ..!!!

A knock on the door ...I wonder whom that is ...!!!! 

Someone as passed away  you pass on the sad information  to a friend  their reply  I WAS ONLY TALKING TO HIM A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ..!!

Whilst in a restaurant  you've taken the first bite ... waitresses comes across and says IS YOUR MEAL ALRIGHT SIR ...!!!!

The list is endless and could carry on ...but the GF as just asked me if I'm watching the TV  as my head is burried in my phone on the Derby forum ?

On 26/09/2020 at 18:46, Turk Thrust said:

I’ve mentioned it before but it really annoys me when people say that fairly recent thing of saying “so” in response to a question. What brought it to mind was a contestant on The Chase. When asked what he did for a living he said  “ So, I’m a history student”. And what are your hobbies? “So, I like football and hang gliding”. And if you won the money what would you do with it? “So, I’d go round the world”.       Grrrrrrrr

So...So is the new Umm!

A professor of something useless was on telly; gave it a fancy name but apparently it serves two purposes:

1 Signals we are about to speak

2 Gives us time to formulate our words