Local Elections 18

Mafiabob

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/05/2018 at 16:46, Gaspode said:

Not at all - but I was born in this country and have been proud to call it my home. It frustrates me greatly to see our nation simply being 'used' by people who have no civic pride but appear to be' in it' just as a way to meet their own personal political aims, or to create a 'legacy' or even just for the prestige of being a MP and member of the cabinet. The good of the country seems to come a long way down their list of priorities. Consequently I try to keep up with what they're up to - and I consider a lot of the things that have happened over recent years to be a disgrace...

Fixed 

4 minutes ago, David said:

I voted, thats twice now in 36 years I'm on a roll.

I voted for the only person that I could find in Google and be bothered to upload her picture and social media accounts to https://whocanivotefor.co.uk

Even the leaflets we had were the bog standard templates filled with nothing, you know the type....

DcQq4HZWkAAx4nh.jpg-large.jpeg

I’m going to assume that the 36 years does not refer to the period that you could legally have voted as that would make you my age.

and I’d be gutted as you’d have clearly aged far less than me?

and if @Boycie comes on and says “he’s 54 watch him deny it”, I think I’ll have to call the police....... 

Just now, HantsRam said:

I’m going to assume that the 36 years does not refer to the period that you could legally have voted as that would make you my age.

and I’d be gutted as you’d have clearly aged far less than me?

and if @Boycie comes on and says “he’s 54 watch him deny it”, I think I’ll have to call the police....... 

Good point, well made, edited to make more sense! Didn't think of that. 

21 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He’s .........a Tory Boy, that’s what he is.

Hes got a picture of Norman Tebit as a screen saver.

Watch him not deny it.

Least I made the effort unlike some! 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I voted, as I have done every election, local and national,  since I turned 18. 

Somebody threw themself under a horse so I could vote. 

that explains Thorne's injury problems

Bye Bye Bainwait!! Good riddance..... only one in the country to lose his seat to a UKIP candidate 

The media are suggesting it may be next week before there's an agreement - no overall majority so there needs to be a deal between the parties....

Worrying thing in the immediate future is that Rawson is now council leader - a man I suspect needs help to tie his shoelaces - let's hope he doesn't do anything too disastrous while he has control ?

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Any indication of who is going to run the council now? Or will it be run by committee?

Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council has never been run since the 70's. Its a political football that is just used by whatever party is in charge. Nothing will change, assembly rooms, Duckworth square etc will carry on rotting and the public sector workers will be used and abused and the unwashed will be fed lies.

12 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council has never been run since the 70's. Its a political football that is just used by whatever party is in charge. Nothing will change, assembly rooms, Duckworth square etc will carry on rotting and the public sector workers will be used and abused and the unwashed will be fed lies.

Derbyshire County Council was highly rated as a well run authority doing well in efficiency tables in the 2000s.

Archived