Sell, release or renew contract?

StarterForTen

The players below, I believe, hold contracts that expire in the summer of 2019, so one season left. There's quite a few of them, and this summer might be the last chance to get a fee (for those that have a commercial value of course!). So which would you try to flog this year (SELL), which would you try to extend terms on (RENEW) and which would you keep for next season but then let go (RELEASE)?

I've added my thinking already...

Craig Bryson (SELL)

Andreas Weimann (RENEW)

Jacob Butterfield (SELL!)

Bradley Johnson (SELL)

Nick Blackman (SELL)

Marcus Olsson (SELL!)

David Nugent (SELL)

Curtis Davies (RELEASE)

Tom Huddlestone (RENEW)

Alex Pearce (SELL)

Joe Ledley (RELEASE)

Cameron Jerome (RELEASE)

Max Hunt (RENEW)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

The players below, I believe, hold contracts that expire in the summer of 2019, so one season left. There's quite a few of them, and this summer might be the last chance to get a fee (for those that have a commercial value of course!). So which would you try to flog this year (SELL), which would you try to extend terms on (RENEW) and which would you keep for next season but then let go (RELEASE)?

Craig Bryson (SELL)

Andreas Weimann (RENEW)

Bradley Johnson (SELL)

Nick Blackman (SELL)

Marcus Olsson (SELL!)

David Nugent (SELL)

Curtis Davies (RELEASE)

Tom Huddlestone (RENEW)

Alex Pearce (SELL)

Joe Ledley (RELEASE)

Cameron Jerome (RELEASE)

Max Hunt (RENEW)

Absolutely ridiculous 

47 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Craig Bryson (SELL)

Andreas Weimann (RENEW)

Bradley Johnson (SELL)

Nick Blackman (SELL)

Marcus Olsson (SELL!)

David Nugent (SELL)

Curtis Davies (RELEASE)

Tom Huddlestone (RENEW)

Alex Pearce (SELL)

Joe Ledley (RELEASE)

Cameron Jerome (RELEASE)

Max Hunt (RENEW)

Its great you think we can sell half of these, but it's another job finding replacements. Dont get rid of a player until you have a suitable replacement lined up 

Why does nearly every post get jumped on? The OP does put TRY to sell. Not saying I agree with their decissions on the players mentioned even if we do find ourselves still in this league. 

The forum is for discussion not ridicule. If you think it's ridiculous do you have to say so? Can you not just ignore it as in YOUR opinion it's stupid and leave it there instead of giving them crap?

just a thought, and yes waiting for the backlash and ridicule! ?

I can take the flak; I've got broad shoulders. In fact its a struggle getting them into my suit jacket before firing up the PlayStation.

The point I was trying to make (clearly not very well) is that I don't think many of the players entering their final year of contract next season have a long-term future at the club. And of those I suggested we 'sell' only Nugent and Johnson are anything like first team regulars. Speaking personally, I don't think either of them would feature in a promotion winning team.

6 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I can take the flak; I've got broad shoulders. In fact its a struggle getting them into my suit jacket before firing up the PlayStation.

The point I was trying to make (clearly not very well) is that I don't think many of the players entering their final year of contract next season have a long-term future at the club. And of those I suggested we 'sell' only Nugent and Johnson are anything like first team regulars. Speaking personally, I don't think either of them would feature in a promotion winning team.

The problem comes with trying to decide which ones to release at the end of next season, when we could be in any of 3 divisions.

3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Seemed perfectly clear and reasonable to me. You weren't saying "We've got to sell these players" you were asking people's opinion on which we should sell and why.

Opinions? On a forum?

Ridiculous. ?

Archived