Community Moderation

Day

1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

Do you think the forum reflects the average football fans view?

We have two hundred moderators and only 10 or so hardcore posters, moderation is fine but cutting out banter makes the forum feel a touch sterile, what are the thoughts of other members?

Whilst I personally find the forum a bit of a dictatorship in terms of what constitutes banter that has been re-emphasised by the new rules, I’m probably in the minority.  I don’t get upset at personal digs, and crying into my cornflakes if someone disagrees with me, however I can see the requirement for such rules to ensure the boundaries aren’t encroached for members that don’t have the same philosophy.

The forum is for all to use, so on reflection I would say that is designed for the average football fan and it’s not a bad one at that, so who am I to disagree.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, David said:

200 hundred members and 10 hardcore posters, not sure I follow?

Those member numbers are far from accurate.

This forum is funded through advertising, some ‘banter’ is not advertising friendly, I don’t agree that makes the forum sterile and given the popularity of the forum many (more than your numbers) seem to happy with the platform. 

No, 200 moderators and 10 members that regularly post?

Having a quick look at the members logged in on the homepage only a few actually post anything, having @GboroRamand his OCD grammar doesn't help, We have access to blocking members that offend our little eyes and surely this is enough, @eddieblocks me at least 50 times a year and he still loves me.

It's a football forum after all !! 

Advertising: I am currently looking at a scantily clad woman advertising lingerie who is winking at me ?

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Whilst I personally find the forum a bit of a dictatorship in terms of what constitutes banter that has been re-emphasised by the new rules, I’m probably in the minority.  I don’t get upset at personal digs, and crying into my cornflakes if someone disagrees with me, however I can see the requirement for such rules to ensure the boundaries aren’t encroached for members that don’t have the same philosophy.

The forum is for all to use, so on reflection I would say that is designed for the average football fan and it’s not a bad one at that, so who am I to disagree.

Who are you ?

4 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Having a quick look at the members logged in on the homepage only a few actually post anything, having @GboroRamand his OCD grammar doesn't help, We have access to blocking members that offend our little eyes and surely this is enough, @eddieblocks me at least 50 times a year and he still loves me.

Advertising: I am currently looking at a scantily clad woman advertising lingerie who is winking at me ?

I do block you on occasion, but it's not a facility I abuse. 40 times, tops.

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

We don’t have 200 moderators, or just 10 members that regularly post.

This month to date 606 members have posted, many more have logged in and use the forum. Should point out it is also in the day where many are/should be working.

It is a football forum you’re right, I very rarely see you outside the off topic area though which might explain your numbers being way off. 

Rules wont be changing as they are there for a reason, sorry. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

We don’t have 200 moderators, or just 10 members that regularly post.

This month to date 606 members have posted, many more have logged in and use the forum. Should point out it is also in the day where many are/should be working.

It is a football forum you’re right, I very rarely see you outside the off topic area though which might explain your numbers being way off. 

Rules wont be changing as they are there for a reason, sorry. 

David, I didn't actually mean 200 moderators, I do post in other areas you cheeky sod.

I have worked enough cheers, cant I retire in peace?

love you big ears.

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

David, I didn't actually mean 200 moderators, I do post in other areas you cheeky sod.

I have worked enough cheers, cant I retire in peace?

love you big ears.

Not big, they just stick out. 

Archived