Aston Villa F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

After Rowetts comments about the age of our squad and playing midweek games i think he might change team but keep same formation, i think i'm right in saying that if Boro beat Millwall we will only need to beat Barnsley last game to get in play offs so may change a couple of players with Barnsley game in mind but wouldn;'t surprise me to see the same team that started on tuesday but that has not always worked for us.... a bit of a risk though if Hudds left out as he covers CB's really well

maybe........                                                  Carson

Keogh                  Davies              Fozzy

Wisdom                                  Ledley                  Johnson             Weimann

Lawrence          Palmer       

Jerome

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm torn over weather I would prefer to see Terry completely skinned by skill from Vydra or just flattened by Jerome. Or both.

Ideally both, but if forced to choose I’d probably go for option a, in the hope that it would do more damage to his pride. 

30 minutes ago, Saity said:

After Rowetts comments about the age of our squad and playing midweek games i think he might change team but keep same formation, i think i'm right in saying that if Boro beat Millwall we will only need to beat Barnsley last game to get in play offs so may change a couple of players with Barnsley game in mind but wouldn;'t surprise me to see the same team that started on tuesday but that has not always worked for us.... a bit of a risk though if Hudds left out as he covers CB's really well

maybe........                                                  Carson

Keogh                  Davies              Fozzy

Wisdom                                  Ledley                  Johnson             Weimann

Lawrence          Palmer       

Jerome

Think we'll see Johnson dropped over Hudds as Johnson hasn't long come back from injury, agree on Palmer though

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Of cause not mate..  Frustration kicks in from time to time. Honestly after Sunderland and Burton I had no appetite for Villa. Wife wanted to go to Belgium and I thought why not.. 

I know how you feel /felt Angry 

The wife and I went to Barcelona missed Boro and Cardiff 

According to DET we've not won at Villa Park for 30 years, ermm shall we all go to Brugge and hide in the Private Room and just as @Angry Ram is getting the beer in, we all charge out, and shout out at the barman what we'd like to drink.

"Duval.....brandy shandy........that 16% one........egg and chips!........hurry up.....get em in......Branko Strupar and ice!......etc.

24 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Just watched GR's press conference, so which club does he support? From boy to man he's a fan of?

He was born in Bromsgrove so Villa or Birmingham are likely candidates for his childhood fandom. 

His kid(s) is/are Derby fans though I believe, as his family's been based around Derby for a long time.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

He was born in Bromsgrove so Villa or Birmingham are likely candidates for his childhood fandom. 

His kid(s) is/are Derby fans though I believe, as his families been based around Derby for a long time.

Must be Villa, as I don't think he would have mentioned it. 

I think we’ll be be up for it but in a pragmatic style, if that makes sense. We don’t need to be gung ho or force the game but I expect loads of effort and strict shape, organisation and hopefully a killer instinct. Whilst attempting passing football. I feel a draw will be enough to either seal play offs or retain the upper hand.

At PP we were the ultimate Rowett machine v Villa. Not ‘pretty’ but I liked it and admired them for effort, tactical resolution and ruthlessness when opps arose.

To paraphrase, the harder we play, the luckier we get. Which has be borne out to an extent by ‘those’ recent games. 

For the above positive traits, see Burton and Sunderland for their results and earlier in the season for ours.

Maybe having experiencing of going a goal down and not crumbling will be inspiration for the rest of the season.

Whahahahahahahay

Such a tricky fixture this one. A point would be great...so do we play safe? Villa need 3 points and if they lose it makes no odds really so they really will go all out.

Goes against the grain..but makes sense to play tight and have pace up front to hit them on the break. Really wouldn't open up.

Forsyth, Keogh, Davies

Hudds Ledley

Lawrence Weimann Wisdom

Vydra 

Nugent

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Such a tricky fixture this one. A point would be great...so do we play safe? Villa need 3 points and if they lose it makes no odds really so they really will go all out.

Goes against the grain..but makes sense to play tight and have pace up front to hit them on the break. Really wouldn't open up.

Forsyth, Keogh, Davies

Hudds Ledley

Lawrence Weimann Wisdom

Vydra 

Nugent

I agree with all of this wholeheartedly apart from the line-up. Starting without a goalkeeper, let alone without Carson may be a bit of a mistake. ?

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I agree with all of this wholeheartedly apart from the line-up. Starting without a goalkeeper, let alone without Carson may be a bit of a mistake. ?

Sod it rush goalie is the future 

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Forsyth, Keogh, Davies

Hudds Ledley

Lawrence Weimann Wisdom

Vydra 

Nugent

One more goal for Fulham and it becomes a meaningless game for Villa as second would be out of reach.

9 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I don't think you will be the only Ram in there , bunch of my mates all fellow Rams will be in hospitality too. 

10 hours ago, Kinder said:

Anyone else really excited about this one?  I’ve gone from hating football this time last week to absolutely buzzing.  No idea how I’ll feel at 5pm on Saturday but I do know I’ll be drunk.  I’m in hospitality with all Villa fans so I’ll have to keep a lid on things as Jerome puts John Terry on his arse and smashes in the winner!

Definitely not alone, also in hospitality with Villa fans but if we get any sort of result I’m prone to letting it be known at full time.

And yeah we are well overdue a result there.

48 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

One more goal for Fulham and it becomes a meaningless game for Villa as second would be out of reach.

Not the case, are 6 points behind Fulham with 2 games left, unlikely scenario but if they beat us tomorrow it could go to the last game if Cardiff don't win...

5 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

According to DET we've not won at Villa Park for 30 years, ermm shall we all go to Brugge and hide in the Private Room and just as @Angry Ram is getting the beer in, we all charge out, and shout out at the barman what we'd like to drink.

"Duval.....brandy shandy........that 16% one........egg and chips!........hurry up.....get em in......Branko Strupar and ice!......etc.

Blimey, you are making me feel old. Is that when we won 1-2 with a Dean Saunders winner?

Archived