Aston Villa F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Start with Nugent with Palmer tucked in behind then in the second half bring on Jerome and Vydra.

After two goals and a MOTM performance I can't see Jerome being on the bench. Barring injuries I think GR will go with the side as it was after Vydra came on, with Weimann at LWB. That would certainly be my choice.

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Weimann to start for me in that LWB position. Adds to the dead cert of scoring against his former club. Obviously now I’ve jinxed it. 

Vydra for Olson . Maybe nuge for Jerome if he needs a rest.

Just go for the win, quite simply. Though I'd never write Millwall off, our GD could mean that a win could cement our place, without having to face last day nerves (sorry,ronnie, would be bad news for you, but I'm afraid our priorities must be the SuperRams). There's every chance that Barnsley could be fighting for their Championship lives in that game, which would make them very dangerous animals. Do you fight more for your life than you would for betterment? Come on lads, one big,big effort for your own sakes.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, ramblur said:

Just go for the win, quite simply. Though I'd never write Millwall off, our GD could mean that a win could cement our place, without having to face last day nerves (sorry,ronnie, would be bad news for you, but I'm afraid our priorities must be the SuperRams). There's every chance that Barnsley could be fighting for their Championship lives in that game, which would make them very dangerous animals. Do you fight more for your life than you would for betterment? Come on lads, one big,big effort for your own sakes.

Brentford are a threat too, they've got two quite easy games compared to milwall and us. Goal difference is important so even if we don't get anything against Villa we can't afford to get hammered .

Proper game this one Aston Villa and Derby county two fantastic clubs and supporters 

the players are more often than not of the poorer standard but the clubs aren’t 

i wonder if the villa fans actually realise how much fun the championship is compared to the premiership cartel 

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Proper game this one Aston Villa and Derby county two fantastic clubs and supporters 

the players are more often than not of the poorer standard but the clubs aren’t 

i wonder if the villa fans actually realise how much fun the championship is compared to the premiership cartel 

I doubt it. I think they expected to breeze back up this season ( the few I know did)  so 4 th is probably a disappointment so far. Especially with their near neighbours running away with it. They feel they are too big for the championship to enjoy it, may have to get used to it like Leeds have 

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Brentford are a threat too, they've got two quite easy games compared to milwall and us. Goal difference is important so even if we don't get anything against Villa we can't afford to get hammered .

Games are only ever easy on paper. They face a Barnsley side away that's probably starting to think ' Hey, we could go down here, if we don't pull our fingers out'. On a nervy last day, I wouldn't want to play a Hull side that'd recently hit 5 away. Don't forget that Brentford are coming from behind with nothing to lose - let's see how they might cope with the last day pressure of having to win, with (possibly) it all to lose.

I'd agree that we can't afford to get hammered. Trouble is, if you make that one of your objectives, it can engender a negative mindset. Time to be brave, for me, but not gung ho, obviously.

11 hours ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Carson

Keogh       Davies           Forsyth

Wisdom     Huddelstone   Johnson      Weimann

Lawrence    Jerome     Vydra

I would be tempted to put Pearce in the back 3 and Forsyth where Weimann is....think we will be put under a lot of pressure tomorrow...

3 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

The chart is incorrect. Villa can still make 88 points and second if they win both their games and Fulham and Cardiff lose both of theirs.

They actually only need 4 points if Cardiff n Fulham both lose their games.

9 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

The chart is incorrect. Villa can still make 88 points and second if they win both their games and Fulham and Cardiff lose both of theirs.

Or does "possible positions" only refer to the positions as they will be on Monday?

It’s a weekly chart. That’s the possible outcomes of this weekends fixtures. 

PistoldPete2
28 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

9D7EE188-6A0A-473A-A6EB-B53646287A70.thumb.jpeg.ef44e2bce3558c3d146cac392d18190d.jpeg

Really need to get a win here in my eyes. No settling for a draw, no likelihood of beating Barnsley next week either. Get as many points as we can in these next two. 

we can finish 10th cant we?

Archived