Cardiff fan here..

BlueDredd

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

In fairness it could be a Cardiff fan thing, they do seem quite odd. I mean how many away fans set off to turn up at 9 am on a Sunday morning when kick off isn't until midday? 

If I lived in Cardiff I would be out as early as possible too 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

I'm sorry if you've not experienced an away game before. But I know the majority of travelling supporters will be of the same opinion as myself, and not once during the other 18 away fixtures that I've been to this season, have I had a steward tell me to sit in an allocated seat, or had a family or group of "friends" left disappointed due to where I'm standing.

If you don't like the away day "code".. Then just stick to your seat in the family stand at home games. 

Probably the first one of the 18 you've sold out too so always makes a difference. 

9 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

I've not been to away game this season (I've only missed two) and never seen it enforced like it was last night. I laid out quite descriptively as to why you can't steward away fans in this way. I travelled by myself, and bought my tickets for the original Sunday game, whilst my pals bought theirs last week. So should this mean I'm to stand somewhere else by myself?

Surely you wouldn't accept this yourself?

So what about the groups that have bought their tickets together? 

They get there and your sat in their seat cos you don't want to sit on your own? 

If you sell out. You sit in your seat. It's pretty simple. 

If you wanna sit with your mates then you'll need to buy tickets at the same time pal.

I get that you don't sell out away very often but this is what happens when you do. 

18 hours ago, ram59 said:

As you'd sold every ticket for your end, people have to sit where their ticket is, otherwise chaos would rule. It's another reason for safe standing. 

No it isn't. With safe standing you still get an allocated space, you just stand there instead of sit there. It's not like terracing where you can go where you want. The system regards allocating supporters one space will be exactly the same. That's why it's called "safe" standing. The Cardiff fan would have the same issue as he had with his seats.

16 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

I'm sorry if you've not experienced an away game before. But I know the majority of travelling supporters will be of the same opinion as myself, and not once during the other 18 away fixtures that I've been to this season, have I had a steward tell me to sit in an allocated seat, or had a family or group of "friends" left disappointed due to where I'm standing.

If you don't like the away day "code".. Then just stick to your seat in the family stand at home games. 

It's not about a "code". It's about being given a seat and sitting in it, same as any spectator event. If you want to sit with your mates, buy tickets with them. 

I'm sure you'd be delighted if you went to an event with friends or family and found others sitting in your seats because they wanted to sit together, even though they had separate allocated seats elsewhere. Would you accept that or might you say "excuse me, these are our seats"? By your logic, they would be ok to turn to you and say "sorry mate, the code is that you sit where you want". 

Fine if the seats are empty, but if every seat is taken you have to allocate a specific spot per spectator. 

19 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

I've not been to away game this season (I've only missed two) and never seen it enforced like it was last night. I laid out quite descriptively as to why you can't steward away fans in this way. I travelled by myself, and bought my tickets for the original Sunday game, whilst my pals bought theirs last week. So should this mean I'm to stand somewhere else by myself?

Surely you wouldn't accept this yourself?

Regarding stewards on my visits to Cardiff city stadium I have found the stewards there FIRST class ,friendly,and VERY  helpful (the best )in my opinion.

I still think your fans are muppets humming "men of Harlech" rather than taking the trouble to master the lyrics and actually sing it !

Just saying ?

1 hour ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Regarding stewards on my visits to Cardiff city stadium I have found the stewards there FIRST class ,friendly,and VERY  helpful (the best )in my opinion.

I still think your fans are muppets humming "men of Harlech" rather than taking the trouble to master the lyrics and actually sing it !

Just saying ?

There are a group of us that do sing the words. I like to start that one myself...

But you find hours of drinking before the game.. the words may just turn into impeccable slur!

1 hour ago, BlueDredd said:

There are a group of us that do sing the words. I like to start that one myself...

But you find hours of drinking before the game.. the words may just turn into impeccable slur!

So drinking makes you revert to your native tongue does it?

10 minutes ago, ossieram said:

So drinking makes you revert to your native tongue does it?

There's very little actual Welsh spoken in south Wales these days. They tend to be in the mid and north wales hills. "Gog" is the derogatory term for a Welsh speaker or North Wales person.

I spent a year at Trawsfynydd.

54 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There's very little actual Welsh spoken in south Wales these days. They tend to be in the mid and north wales hills. "Gog" is the derogatory term for a Welsh speaker or North Wales person.

I went out with a gog for a while. She was terribly snooty about non-Welsh speaking Welsh people. 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Always wondered about your avatar, now I understand!

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My best mate is from Llanelli in South Wales and doesn't speak a single word of Welsh other than the lyrics to Sospan Fach. And even then it's only the lines about the saucepan.

7 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Just saying ?

As a British Army Brat from the far east (class of 1962), I well remember the words of the Royal Engineers version of Men of Harlech - a far superior version....

Men of Harlech and hod carriers, we belong to a band of warriors

And we overcome all barriers when our wives get drunk.

But we never lack work, in barracks we prefer black work,

I'm not a liar, I stand in front of the fire as steady as a figure from the waxworks.

We have fought and we have fainted, with black eyes we're well acquainted

Many's the time we've had them painted, when our wives get drunk.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

As a British Army Brat from the far east (class of 1962), I well remember the words of the Royal Engineers version of Men of Harlech - a far superior version....

Men of Harlech and hod carriers, we belong to a band of warriors

And we overcome all barriers when our wives get drunk.

But we never lack work, in barracks we prefer black work,

I'm not a liar, I stand in front of the fire as steady as a figure from the waxworks.

We have fought and we have fainted, with black eyes we're well acquainted

Many's the time we've had them painted, when our wives get drunk.

**** me! A bit of culture on Rams Forum.      

Archived