Cardiff fan here..

BlueDredd

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

If you don't mind paying there's loads of parking close to the ground , a storage place just across from the ground that charges £6 . Failing that if you want a walk a pay a bit less and get a decent pint ( providing your not in coulours) there's plenty of parking near the train station too, and pubs there aswell including the Brunswick , Alexandra hotel and the waterfall . If you want an away only pub it's usually the Tiffany lounge or the navagation. 

The storage parking is now 6 pound??? It has been 5 then 7 then back to 5 now 7! 

3 hours ago, Redcar said:

Hope you got back safe bud.

Thought your lads were pretty poor, great support though for 85 mins. How the feck have you fluked 2nd? 

Maybe like how we’ve fluked 6th I guess.

Long trip down the M42 & M5 by myself last night I must admit. A very disappointing day out, but can't fault the performance from Derby.

I felt the way we set up was very strange with Hoilett playing in the hole, very ineffective and I couldn't figure out what formation we were playing. We really needed that second goal straight after we scored to kill the game off, but the defending I witnessed from us was unlike anything I'd seen all season. Really disappointing as our whole promotion charge has been built on keeping it solid, no individual errors, and taking our chances.. We didn't do any of those things! The mistake from Wildschutt (on loan from Norwich) in our own box was  woeful, and I felt that if we had kept it at 1-1, we could have had a spell and maybe nicked it at the end. As for us fluking second.. We definitely shouldn't be there. But if we make the play offs, and even lose them! That's still a big season for any Cardiff supporter. We've had an amazing season, and I'm proud of where we are!

So all in all, my overall trip to Pride Park was decent. Carling the only lager though? Bloody horrible choice!

The only other thing that bugged me, and caused ructions in the away end was the stewards in numbers really pushing hard to force fans to sit in their allocated seats. Obviously with friends and families buying tickets at separate times this is an absolutely ridiculous thing to try when stewarding the away fans. I didn't travel 3 & a half hours to sit away from the lads... So as you can imagine a few heated exchanges, with large numbers saw them back off in the end.

Cheers for the day out lads, and good luck for the run in. ?

17 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

The only other thing that bugged me, and caused ructions in the away end was the stewards in numbers really pushing hard to force fans to sit in their allocated seats. Obviously with friends and families buying tickets at separate times this is an absolutely ridiculous thing to try when stewarding the away fans. I didn't travel 3 & a half hours to sit away from the lads... So as you can imagine a few heated exchanges, with large numbers saw them back off in the end.

I don't understand why you wouldn't expect to be in your allocated seats when its a near on sell out in 2018?

15 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Long trip down the M42 & M5 by myself last night I must admit. A very disappointing day out, but can't fault the performance from Derby.

I felt the way we set up was very strange with Hoilett playing in the hole, very ineffective and I couldn't figure out what formation we were playing. We really needed that second goal straight after we scored to kill the game off, but the defending I witnessed from us was unlike anything I'd seen all season. Really disappointing as our whole promotion charge has been built on keeping it solid, no individual errors, and taking our chances.. We didn't do any of those things! The mistake from Wildschutt (on loan from Norwich) in our own box was  woeful, and I felt that if we had kept it at 1-1, we could have had a spell and maybe nicked it at the end. As for us fluking second.. We definitely shouldn't be there. But if we make the play offs, and even lose them! That's still a big season for any Cardiff supporter. We've had an amazing season, and I'm proud of where we are!

So all in all, my overall trip to Pride Park was decent. Carling the only lager though? Bloody horrible choice!

As you'd sold every ticket for your end, people have to sit where their ticket is, otherwise chaos would rule. It's another reason for safe standing. 

9 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I don't understand why you wouldn't expect to be in your allocated seats when its a near on sell out in 2018?

I've not been to away game this season (I've only missed two) and never seen it enforced like it was last night. I laid out quite descriptively as to why you can't steward away fans in this way. I travelled by myself, and bought my tickets for the original Sunday game, whilst my pals bought theirs last week. So should this mean I'm to stand somewhere else by myself?

Surely you wouldn't accept this yourself?

11 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

I've not been to away game this season (I've only missed two) and never seen it enforced like it was last night. I laid out quite descriptively as to why you can't steward away fans in this way. I travelled by myself, and bought my tickets for the original Sunday game, whilst my pals bought theirs last week. So should this mean I'm to stand somewhere else by myself?

Surely you wouldn't accept this yourself?

Agree. If it cost more to sit/stand in a certain place then I could perhaps understand perhaps people being unhappy, but as far as I know we only have one price point and it's an away game anyway, so you take your chances and pitch up wherever you want/wherever is free. Sticklers for rules will have you thinking you're some sort of crazed anarchist for wanting to be with your mates.

37 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

If you don’t like lager, could you not pick a different tipple. Snowball perhaps? 

38 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

All four goals were on the back of dreadful defending but it’s the championship and that has been our strength when we were doing better, nice for us to try and win a game for a change which highlights the utter rubbish lately against Sunderland and Burton 

best teams at Derby this year for me 1st wolves lost 2-0 2nd Middlesbrough lost 2-1 3rd Millwall won 3-0 but they never gave up 

If it's an empty seat I don't see the problem.

If it's not empty then surely you could be stopping other fans, who have bought tickets together, from sitting with each other?

And how would you know its empty until the match has kicked off?

Pretty sure the terms and conditions are set out on your ticket so not too sure what your gripe is. If you don't think the stewards were doing what they are paid to do then perhaps make a complaint to the club?

40 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

I'm pretty sure that the parents who'd travelled with their children were really pleased you'd made your own rules and stopped their children from watching the game.

I don't think your ticket would have said 'safe standing'. A seat was allocated for a reason. Football is for family and friends, not just people who think they have a right to do what they want.

Hopefully Fulham pip you to 2nd and we can play each other in the semi's. By that time we might just have safe standing in place and Fosters on tap.

Archived