Cost Cutting

Papahet

If we are cost cutting, then why have we renewed player contracts who are simply not good enough: Thorne, Pearce, Forsyth, Hanson..

Why have we brought in another aging player in Cameron Jerome for over a million, I cant imagine he'd be on peanuts.

Too many contradictions and not enough evidence to back up what is coming out of Mel and Garys mouths.

The only profitable asset is Vydra and if he leaves we will shoot even further down the table next season. 

So we are on the brink with FFP and wanting to cut the wagebill? Then stop signing average players to longer contracts, stop bringing in more and more players to sit on the bench, who are no better than what we already have.

Use ya noodle lads ffs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Thorne, Pearce, Forsyth, Hanson

To be fair Thorne, Hanson & Fozzy could be key players next season - bearing in mind that Gary used 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders in our last game - we'll need as many of these kinds of players as we can get. 

I don't think losing Vydra (for profit) will be as bad as you make out. If we do get a good price for him I would use whatever available money on a winger. Lawrence looks a different player when he plays in his natural CAM role. he is a direct replacement.

Really don't mind, the season we got to the PL final and played our best football we didnt spend loads and everyone loved us for it. Didnt spend much and played great attacking football. Every since we started spending money it's been downhill and our recruitment has been largely shocking bar a few gooduns.

We made a profit on Ince and what did we buy with the money? Tom Lawrence. A player who's managed what? 3 good games all season.

The Hughes money? Used on Tom Huddlestone, another player with zilch sell on value and stops us playing this brilliant attacking football everyone craves.

I'd argue Wisdom is a shadow of the player he was under Mac, playing second fiddle to Baird for the best part of the season.

Jerome came in for Chris Martin :lol: enuff said

If we sold Carson and Vydra we'd only sign some journeyman like Jerome/Thomas Kuszack anyone? or someone who Rowett can't get the best out of a'la Lawrence, Wisdom.

Rowett couldn't attract a seagull to the coast, let alone a gem to the club on a shoestring budget.

Sith Happens
48 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Ditto 

47 minutes ago, curtains said:

Don’t think so mate 

None of us know do we, but they made a point that clubs were trying to have our pants down because it was 'derby county' and the perception is we have lots of money.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

None of us know do we, but they made a point that clubs were trying to have our pants down because it was 'derby county' and the perception is we have lots of money.

I agree and I know that but I think it’s more than that. 

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

To be fair Thorne, Hanson & Fozzy could be key players next season - bearing in mind that Gary used 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders in our last game - we'll need as many of these kinds of players as we can get. 

I'm sorry but Forsyth is the worst left back in the league, Thorne isn't the same player he used to be and makes too many mistakes, Hanson has proved absolutely nothing.

To the guy who started this thread, how do you know who is on a massive contract and who is paying for peanuts? Unless you are DCFCs financial director, then I think I'll take Mels word over yours.

On the subject of Thorne i would say the majority of fans were calling for him to get a new contrct signed in the first half of the season, despite his injury record. Infact the majority were calling for him to play every week and Tom Huddlestone to be dropped. So you cant have it both ways and suddenly now say why have we done this?

4 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Sad but true.

It is hard to accept. I used to love Thorne but we cant just play him because of how he USED to play for us. Our midfield in general is too slow. I used to rate Forsyth before he got injured but now players seem to just get past him so easily. Olsson isn't much better, has no right foot and struggles to make simple passes. our fullbacks/wingbacks have been a problem for a few seasons. To be fair we've improved since the Gareth Roberts days but our wide defenders atm aren't up to standard. Max Lowe should be starting, not out on loan

39 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

To the guy who started this thread, how do you know who is on a massive contract and who is paying for peanuts? Unless you are DCFCs financial director, then I think I'll take Mels word over yours.

On the subject of Thorne i would say the majority of fans were calling for him to get a new contrct signed in the first half of the season, despite his injury record. Infact the majority were calling for him to play every week and Tom Huddlestone to be dropped. So you cant have it both ways and suddenly now say why have we done this?

Because we're Derby County and for some reason like to hand contracts out for fun after 4 or 5 half decent performances. The likes of Bent and Baird having automatic renewals without the managers go ahead tells me it's a being run by amateurs behind the scenes. Have you seen the wagebill since Morris arrived? It's a pisstake he's managed to get it so high after the work GSE and Nigel did in 5 years trying to get it down.

You can't even blame Rush for the recent ones, since he's gone you've had Pearce, Hanson, Keogh, Forsyth and Thorne renew. None of those are the future, so why have them around? Chris Martin got given a new contract to keep Mcclaren happy, a month later Mac was gone and we are stuck with Martin for however many more years.

Why was Rowett given a new deal less than a year at the club? The second another club came sniffing.

Cameron Jerome? If money is so tight, why happily blow 1.25m on this guy? Instead either keep Martin, get in a risk free loan or save the funds till Summer.

The day Morris came in with his millions, was the day it went tits up; the wage bill, the stability, the manager merry go rounds and the ridiculous contracts being handed out left and right. That is the reason we are having to sell assets each Summer (Hendrick, Hughes, Ince..), to remain within FFP and that is the sole reason this club is going backwards rather than forwards.

Archived