Darren Moore

1977 Ram Raider

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swansea's last two games are against Southampton (H) and Stoke (H).

Southampton have Everton (A), Swansea (A) and Man City (H). 

It's only possible if West Brom beat Palace away on the final day, Swansea and Southampton draw their game, Swansea lose to Stoke and Southampton lose to Everton and City.

If Southampton draw with Everton later it's pretty much over for West Brom because they will then have to bank on a five-goal GD swing. It's possible if City beat Saints like 0-4, but that would be a big ask.

Right now West Brom's survival chances must be 150-1. Still much better than the 1500-1 which as probably on offer when Darren Moore took over.

So just run it off my head, the following needs to happen: Odds probs not be accurate, just a hunch,

Everton to beat Southampton (evens)

Swansea vs Southampton has to be a draw (12/5)

West Brom must beat Palace away (3/1)

Swansea must lose at home to Stoke (3/1)

Southampton must lose at home to Man City (1/3) 

roughly 150/1

Big Dave’s a god fearing Christian isn’t he, I seem to remember him being quite involved in that sort of thing. 

Maybe there’s something to be said for it. 

He wont be far off a saint hood if he keeps them up. Keeping West Brom up would be a bigger miracle than anything mother Theresa ever pulled off. 

Screenshot_20180505-195318.thumb.jpg.58a7565c68ed6c580831477899a0ed86.jpg

I've already been wrong about this once today but someone please explain this to me... both BBC Sport and @Bris Vegas say the Swansea/Southampton game has to be a draw for West Brom to have a chance. But as far as I can see, if Southampton lose their last 2 games, and West Brom win against Palace... they've done it. And it sounds very doable too. What have I missed?

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Screenshot_20180505-195318.thumb.jpg.58a7565c68ed6c580831477899a0ed86.jpg

I've already been wrong about this once today but someone please explain this to me... both BBC Sport and @Bris Vegas say the Swansea/Southampton game has to be a draw for West Brom to have a chance. But as far as I can see, if Southampton lose their last 2 games, and West Brom win against Palace... they've done it. And it sounds very doable too. What have I missed?

West Brom have to overtake Southampton and Swansea. So if either of them win, the winner will have too many points for West Brom to catch them. They’ll be able to catch the looser, but not the winner. 

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

West Brom have to overtake Southampton and Swansea

Oh yeah! They have to overtake them BOTH! God I'm crap at this - it's a good job I'm not a gambler.

They've had it then. That's a shame. Cracking effort though - Darren Moore must have got himself a job.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It's possible if City beat Saints like 0-4, but that would be a big ask.

Ok I'm with you know. But if City average 3 goals a game and have the capability to annihilate - then 0-4 against Saints is a reasonable ask.

48 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Ok I'm with you know. But if City average 3 goals a game and have the capability to annihilate - then 0-4 against Saints is a reasonable ask.

Doesn't look good for WBA now. Saints' draw against Everton makes the task even more unlikely.

Assuming it is a draw and Swansea lose to Stoke, then West Brom just need a win against Palace to overtake them. But for West Brom to overtake Southampton, they need a five-goal swing (Saints are currently +4 better off in GD and they've scored more).

I know it most likely won't happen, but Saints avoiding say a 0-3 defeat at home to Man City shouldn't be too difficult if they know a narrow defeat would be enough. They could just park the bus for 90 mins, and I mean really park it.

Newcastle only lost 0-1 at home to City, and they gave the most negative display I think I've ever seen from a PL team. I don't think Southampton are actually that bad. Their biggest loss has been 1-4 at home to Leicester, but aside from that, they've taken points off Arsenal and Spurs at home while United and Chelsea only beat them by one goal.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Alan Nixon saying the Baggies job hasn’t already been decided and it isn’t going to be Moore...shame. 

Hopefully he has put himself in the shop window though.

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Alan Nixon saying the Baggies job hasn’t already been decided and it isn’t going to be Moore...shame. 

To be fair, he’s done a great job over these few games to galvanise their squad, but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be like when Leicester have Shakespeare’s the reins full time. He’d probably last about half a season as the full time head coach. He seems to humble to be a head coach. I don’t like it when caretakers get a new manager bump and then get the job full time based on that. I’m all for giving new managers a chance, but any manager would be better off going to a league 1 or 2 club first, and cutting their teeth there, then being chucked head first into a premier league job. 

Do you know what the sad thing is, Alan Pardew will be given another job before Darren Moore is even given a chance outside the lower leagues. 

Pardew, Hughes, Allardyce, Lambert, those old ‘experienced’ heads doing the rounds at clubs in distress.

No different I guess to the Mourinho, Ancelotti, Mancini’s at the other end of the football world.

West Brom will appoint another old head, been around the block, got the baggy t shirt. Thank Moore for his incredible work but they feel they need experience going forward.

Experience my arse, give Moore the job. If this was a job trial in the real world, he’s passed it with flying colours and would be signed up already.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I think he will have done but would he have the same effect at a club he isn’t so invested in emotionally? 

Maybe he would be better somewhere he isnt, and return at a later date maybe.

Archived