Honestly...

GadFly

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Who'd have been happy with a 6th/7th place finish before a ball was kicked this season? 

Big difference between the 2 places! 6th happy, 7th not happy.

Play offs should always be our minimum goal. 

Yep or even midtable but on the proviso we were moving forward, developing a team and style, and displaying some form of consistency.  Nothing about now tells me we are doing this so 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th is irrelevant. 

I imagine the majority of us would have been happy outside of the playoffs if it looked like progress was being made. Who can honestly say though that we’ve moved forward since August?

Its not the league position that’s bothering me. It’s the hopelessness of where the club has found itself. 

Yes I'm fine with it

as a season ticket holder who's prepared to write off this season as long as I can see something moving forward.

my biggest disappointment isn't the position we're in regarding the league table, its the lack of what's going to be different next season and while rowett takes a good whack of that blame the club and those that run it are also significantly to blame 

giving massive and lengthy contracts to an aging squad, overpaying on wages and players like butters, Blackman and Johnson has hamstrung the club for a couple of seasons and weve just got to ride it out unfortunately.

football can be a cruel game and if u make big mistakes as a club like we have done.... and have done before then u have to suck it up and do ur time... as we have done previsously... infact those that are old enough will know full well derby county's history is littered with such peaks and troughs 

I went into the season with no expectation whatsoever. This was based on some rather dispiriting performances last season and an acknowledgement that we are in a transitional phase of our development. 

The league position we have attained has been excellent at times but it’s where we finish that is important. 

I really want us to be successful but I really don’t enjoy the way we play.  

Recent performances have made some people angry.  I am merely overwhelmed with utter apathy. 

Nope.

We've been in this league for a decade; i'd expect nothing less than top 6 the minimum. This squad isn't crap (despite what you believe), or put together on a shoestring budget. They have one of the best facilities to train everyday, the manager has been backed. We have no reason whatsoever to settle for anything below 6th.

The manager had the advantage of coming in and seeing what was required last season for the push. Hell, even Gary himself said he'd be disappointed not to be pushing for top two places.

13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes I'm fine with it

as a season ticket holder who's prepared to write off this season as long as I can see something moving forward.

my biggest disappointment isn't the position we're in regarding the league table, its the lack of what's going to be different next season and while rowett takes a good whack of that blame the club and those that run it are also significantly to blame 

giving massive and lengthy contracts to an aging squad, overpaying on wages and players like butters, Blackman and Johnson has hamstrung the club for a couple of seasons and weve just got to ride it out unfortunately.

football can be a cruel game and if u make big mistakes as a club like we have done.... and have done before then u have to suck it up and do ur time... as we have done previsously... infact those that are old enough will know full well derby county's history is littered with such peaks and troughs 

Surely its the managers advise that count where length of contracts are concerned? 

I didn’t expect to be challenging, but only because of the manager, we have the players, the facilities, the budget, everything, and not to be in the top 6 is a failure.  

To get us into the top 2 and fail as spectacularly as he has done also highlights how as a manger he hasn’t got the ability to manage at this level, this season has been a write off and set us back years.

It depends on one's criteria, if it's league position then it depends on your expectations pre season, I was thinking 12th ish so I should be pleased. I was on the fence about GR now I'm not, I don't like his style of play or his transfer dealings. Mel, appeared to be standing back a little more which is a good thing I believe, but the club as a whole right now is in turmoil, still, in my opinion and the victories in the early part of this season papered over the cracks and gave people false hope. So am I happy, no. 

Next season, I will support the team as ever, I won't boo or or shout obscenities at any derby player but I will like now want better from the club I have supported for mud 50 years, and Mel holds the key. 

For what it's worth I would like a managerial change and would like to see Slaven Bilic given a chance if he isn't too scarred after West Ham

Archived