Vydra and Palmer

These 2 together up front on the same pitch is and has been the key to us getting our season back on track, why o why doesn't Rowett see this.

Both players are tactically far superior to anything else we have.

Taking the top scorer in the division off at 60 minutes is mental. Looking at Vydra as he went off and walked past Rowett without so much as a glance I would be surprised to see Vydra here next season.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn’t believe it when Vydra went off. Thought it had to be for Johnson, it had to be. But no, negative Rowett astonishes me yet again by not seeing the glaring gap in the middle of midfield that every man and his dog could see, and just went ahead with a straight swap to take our top scorer off! What the hell does he have on MM to still be in a Job?!

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Couldn’t believe it when Vydra went off. Thought it had to be for Johnson, it had to be. But no, negative Rowett astonishes me yet again by not seeing the glaring gap in the middle of midfield that every man and his dog could see, and just went ahead with a straight swap to take our top scorer off! What the hell does he have on MM to still be in a Job?!

In fairness Vydra did little today and he could have been taken off after the 45. Also personally I want to see the likes of Palmer and Johnson affecting the game further up the pitch than what they are

On the topic point, the two players who link up really well are Palmer and Lawrence, for me id like to see those two play together more but every time Lawrence has had someone to link up with they’ve usually been brought on for 20 minute cameos...

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

A big lucrative contract

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

These 2 together up front on the same pitch is and has been the key to us getting our season back on track, why o why doesn't Rowett see this.

Taking the top scorer in the division off at 60 minutes is mental. Looking at Vydra as he went off and walked past Rowett without so much as a glance I would be surprised to see Vydra here next season.

Not a chance Vydra will be here next season. Just hope we get a decent price. 

4 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Is Palmer that good?

vydra looks like he’s thrown the towel in.

I enjoy watching Palmer, his movement and his positive play excites me. I don’t get that same feeling with Vydra even if he’s a more technically gifted player 

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Vydra doesn’t deserve to be starting at the moment. He’s the most half arsed striker we’ve had in recent years and that’s saying something with Martin and Hulse. 

Literally offering nothing. 

theres 21 reasons why hes head and shoulders better than any striker we haveIf you need anymore add Bryson,Hughes.and Martin

5 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

theres 21 reasons why hes head and shoulders better than any striker we haveIf you need anymore add Bryson,Hughes.and Martin

Sound. Explain his performance today then. Last weeks at Burton. His performance again Sunderland. 

Never known such a good player to be so poor for us in certain games. Great in 21, piss poor in 21. 

Today was a great example how goals aren’t the be all end all for a player. It’s a team game and he’s not a team player IMO. 

If I had confidence in the other players to score goals I would t have an issue with him coming off, but when we're so inept as an attacking unit, I simply don't see why taking off your top scorer is the solution. We don't look like scoring goals.

Palmer is interesting, he looks ball greedy and often doesn't take the right decision, but I like the fact there is a desire to try and make something happen and when you look at his options, god help him. He doesn't want to pass it backwards but his options are so limited that maybe this leads to him keeping the ball.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Tbf vydra did nothing all game. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Tbf vydra did nothing all game. 

He didn’t but that’s not really the point. The point is about getting the balance right in midfield, which we could have sorted through the subs but didn’t. Vydra did **** all but we were being cut through the middle, that was more important.

PistoldPete2
14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He didn’t but that’s not really the point. The point is about getting the balance right in midfield, which we could have sorted through the subs but didn’t. Vydra did **** all but we were being cut through the middle, that was more important.

I think playing Palmer and vydra in the middle wouldn't have stopped us being cut in the middle. I also don't think anyone on the subs bench could have sorted our midfield problems out... We need new midfielders or to bring back Bryson , Callum guy and co. We just don't have any options in midfield, none that are fit enough IMO. 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just guessing but it might have something to do with the fact that :

• Vydra's head goes down the slightest thing goes against him ( in other words he's a wet lettuce unless everything goes his way. Nothing will come of players of this disposition - why do you think Watford were so happy to let him go ?)
  • Palmer has failed to work out that football is a passing and team game . If he learned to hold his head up another few degrees he could turn into a decent player

I was really excited when Palmer came. I thought it was just the breath of fresh air the club needed to push on and be more creative for the rest of the season. I was really looking forward to seeing him form a partnership with Vydra which could've been seriously strong. Unfortunately it vwry quickly became clear that Palmer was brought in purely as back up in case Vydra got injured. And that's it. It's a shame for Palmer that he came here - GR doesn't want 2 creative players, not sure he wants any. Bad move for Kasey.

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Vydra has been pissing me off for a while now. Wouldn’t lose any sleep at all if we sold him.

Hilarious without him we’d be in a relegation battle! He’s just fed up with Rowetts hoofball style. He creates his own goals 

Archived