"I've really not enjoyed this season"

Nuwtfly

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Craig Ramage has just hit the right note for me there. Can't quite believe I'm saying it but, I just really haven't enjoyed this season. Not one bit. Feels the same as the Clement/Wassall one, and at least that had some drama towards the end.

Even when we were flying high, something just hasn't felt right. Perhaps it was the style of football, all the underlying feeling that the attractive, creative stuff we became somewhat renown for under Mac was being ripped away brick by brick like an old family home being knocked down. 

So many good interviews and promises made by Rowett and arguably not one of them fulfilled. We were sold a rebuild. Remember that quote from Gary about not being interested in signing ageing players looking for final pay-cheques? Our squad has more of those now than ever. And the football is ******* dire.

Chopping and changing managers doesn't get you anywhere, you're right. But sticking with the wrong one doesn't get you anywhere either. 

Spot on I was saying exactly the same after the game and after having a season ticket for most of my 40 years another season of this and I will find something else to do on a Saturday 

I have hated this season.

The football has been totally uninspiring, even when we were getting points.

It appears that we have spent a fortune, to use legal terminology, in a well dodgy manner.

I hate it when other teams try to 'buy' the league, seems we have been that club. (at least do it well like Wolves ffs)

Other fans are revelling in schadenfreude, and our annual collapse.

We, as a club, seem to more concerned with how many people eat at The Yard, how many of the overpriced 5 kits we can shift to fans and how many subscribers we get to Rams TV than,  you know, actually how we do on the pitch.

Personally bar Carson and Davis I don't actually feel any connection to any of the players that are still here and really wouldn't be to upset if they left.

We seem to like loaning players to our rivals.

We have not given youth a chance.

I probably don't have as much of a right to gripe as others given that I don't go anymore, but I've put my time in at the likes of Southend and Newport away and this is the first time in my football supporting life that I've felt this way.

37 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Craig Ramage has just hit the right note for me there. Can't quite believe I'm saying it but, I just really haven't enjoyed this season. Not one bit. Feels the same as the Clement/Wassall one, and at least that had some drama towards the end.

Even when we were flying high, something just hasn't felt right. Perhaps it was the style of football, all the underlying feeling that the attractive, creative stuff we became somewhat renown for under Mac was being ripped away brick by brick like an old family home being knocked down. 

So many good interviews and promises made by Rowett and arguably not one of them fulfilled. We were sold a rebuild. Remember that quote from Gary about not being interested in signing ageing players looking for final pay-cheques? Our squad has more of those now than ever. And the football is ******* dire.

Chopping and changing managers doesn't get you anywhere, you're right. But sticking with the wrong one doesn't get you anywhere either. 

Fair comment this, - I enjoy my football days the meeting of friends having something to eat and drink and see you in a couple of weeks - I want to be entertained and I haven’t been at the games, yes some results but I can’t currently see us getting any better at all

5 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Spot on I was saying exactly the same after the game and after having a season ticket for most of my 40 years another season of this and I will find something else to do on a Saturday 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Fair comment this, - I enjoy my football days the meeting of friends having something to eat and drink and see you in a couple of weeks - I want to be entertained and I haven’t been at the games, yes some results but I can’t currently see us getting any better at all

I think you could go a step further with it as well, to be honest. Chopping and changing managers doesn't get you anywhere, you're right. But sticking with the wrong one can get you relegated. 

This is our situation as I see it. Some months ago a financial decision was taken at the club that basically says that if we don't go up this season we have to introduce our better U23's into the first team squad rather than buy new players. This I suspect this is the reason most of the promising ones were sent out on loan. 

As we are unlikely to be able to sell any of our aging players we are stuck with them until their contracts end. Next season I fully expect to see the nucleus of the same team again but with U23's on the bench/on the periphery of the team. If I am correct then next season we are up the creek without a paddle as the current squad clearly aren't up to it and the U23's are nowhere near good enough.

A very sad situation bought about by poor player recruitment by the various managers and by extension poor manager recruitment by the chairman. I predict mid table to lower mid table with attendances falling to just over 20k. 

UTR :(

Says it all that I enjoyed watching the first half of Spurs vs United than our game today. We're so unexciting. We don't have any ambition going forward, and the whole season has been rubbish like that. I though we would improve as the year went on. I just want to watch my club and enjoy it. Even if the results bad, I want to walk away feeling entertained and happy. Now I just feel apathy.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Absolutely. I’ve said before, the best argument for keeping Rowett is we’ve sacked too many managers recently. That is not a good enough reason for him to stay.

Yes we can’t just say we have sacked to many managers (which apart from Mac 2 I agreed with) so we have to stick with this manager whatever happens surely? We have gone backwards with the oldest squad in the league playing hoof ball.

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This is our situation as I see it. Some months ago a financial decision was taken at the club that basically says that if we don't go up this season we have to introduce our better U23's into the first team squad rather than buy new players. This I suspect this is the reason most of the promising ones were sent out on loan. 

As we are unlikely to be able to sell any of our aging players we are stuck with them until their contracts end. Next season I fully expect to see the nucleus of the same team again but with U23's on the bench/on the periphery of the team. If I am correct then next season we are up the creek without a paddle as the current squad clearly aren't up to it and the U23's are nowhere near good enough.

A very sad situation bought about by poor player recruitment by the various managers and by extension poor manager recruitment by the chairman. I predict mid table to lower mid table with attendances falling to just over 20k. 

UTR :(

I predict a relegation battle because that’s our current form and all these older players being even older next season.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

2nd in the table and I was guilty of thinking we had too much experience in the team with Hudds and Davies to allow us to choke again.

I thought exactly the same. Regardless of the style, we were resolute and clinical. Actually, our playing style made me more confident as it didn't rely on everything clicking to work. We could play ok, still be solid and get results.

Can't believe how terrible we've ended up becoming. No one could score against us for 3 months. Now we let goals in for fun. We haven't even had any injuires to key players.

I’m not sure how the team are supposed to excite fans when the tempo of the side is one up from over 60s walking football. 

It was clear to me today after we tried to press and get stuck in for an hour, the team were gassed out. Zero energy creates boring, negative football and it’s just so lifeless and blummin awful to watch. If football was about results then I’d sit at home every weekend watching final score. I can’t stand it when people say, “oh it’s just about the result.” If you’re fighting for promotion or relegation at the back end of the season, I can accept that (we’re not even doing well at getting results either). The majority of this season even when we were winning, it felt 2nd gear and laboured.

Craig Ramage goes on about only playing the kids when they are good enough. I’ve come to the point where I’m sick and tired of this bottler de ja vu. It’s infuriating. Why can’t we try something else, give fans a reason to come and watch the football club. Watching players on 25k a week to play dreary football is soul destroying to me. I want excitement. 

When Will Hughes and Hendrick came into the team, I felt like they gave the fans a boost. Igniting something inside. I think the club needs that again to stop this repetitive cycle. Granted not all academy lads are gems, but why not take the risk? We don’t have the funds next season so let’s give this kids a go. Keep the quality like Vydra, Carson and Lawrence. We’ve got nothing to lose as far as I’m concerned. Our fans give young lads a chance, we will encourage and stick by them. More than we do with these overpaid, experienced crop of crap.

The club needs to go down another path to stop the fans losing faith and the wider football community taking the p*ss about off us.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Craig Ramage has just hit the right note for me there.

Agree with everything you said but this is the same Ramage always screaming "whip it in, clear your lines, over the top, put it in the mixer, be more direct" when we were playing good stuff and winning.

Enjoy Ramage. You have what you asked for. Hard work, no nonsense, putting the ball in the right areas, nice and direct... :lol::lol:

All those things you ask for though don't necessarily work do they? Maybe we passed it around and were patient for a reason!!?!? :o Maybe building attacks has a place in the game too? 

Holy **** Craig, maybe you were talking ******** for a couple of years?

Lost all interest again now, it's becomes a series of those games where you start looking for heavy defeats to force change.

I never fully came back (to my Cox/Smith/Burley eras peak) after feeling disenchanted with the Billy Davies season and subsequent appointments, I did get a bit more interested during Mac's more successful spell, but now it's back to drudgery and I don't think I will ever enjoy it as much as those earlier periods because of negative changes throughout the game.  What is the dream really? Battling to get up to manage at best 7 or 8 years in the bottom half of the Prem before our luck runs out, and maybe a trip to Wembley in the Carabao Cup. Whoopdeflippingdoo.

No he doesn’t deserve the job and isn’t capable. That or the squad do not respond to his coaching etc

Today was a must win but you would not of thought it by the lack of effort on all players, to freefall from second is disgraceful it shows we do not deserve to be in the play offs let alone promotion.

something is seriously wrong at D.C.F.C and it needs a wholesale clear out of average players and back room staff and bloody start again.

Ive finished going for this season.

In 15 days this sorry season will all be over. 

I just want to see some change over the summer. I'm fearful we won't even get that as I think we're tied now for another year into contracts for players that nobody else will want.

I just want some sign of change

Archived