Promotion back on

ariotofmyown

After having the playoff final date penciled on the calendar all year, I've just booked flights to Spain for the May half term. This means it pretty much a certainty we'll make the playoff final now. My pleasure.

Just don't start booking minibuses and hotels yet, or that will cancel out my actions.

Have a great day out at Wembley everyone.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know who would have thought it after the Burton game we would go up automatically. The demise of Cardiff after the Warnock / Karanka face slap. Followed by the Rampant rams winning every game until the end of the season to finish 3rd. 

Only for wolves to be deducted 20 points for failing FFP and breaching third party legislation giving Fulham the Title and Derby going up in 2nd.

I have to say i am not looking forward to the Preston V Millwall play-off final though so glad you booked your holiday for then......

8 minutes ago, needles said:

We'll be crashing down again after Saturday, but...we'll still have a sniff on last day.

I think that's the Derby way ?

But you're right .. Anything could happen in this strange season. 

1 hour ago, robglosta said:

I can’t quite believe we’re still in the hunt for the play offs after such torrid form over recent months. It’s surely now exciting, especially after such a high fuelled win against Cardiff. 

Enjoy the ride.

It just shows how good our form was before it all went wrong. I looked at the end of season tables from the last two couple of seasons to compare point totals for finishing in the play offs. 77 is the highest we can get, which would've been 3 points short last season. 74 was enough the season before (we finished 5th on 78). 

We’re 6th with two games to go. 

Realistically we shunt make the play offs based on how we’ve played for the last 3 months so anyone with any sense will book a weeks holiday at Skeggy for the end of May.

Personally, I’m planning to be in Covent Garden during the early part of the 26th May prior to a tube journey to Spurs ground...

End of the season and everything to play for, and some supporters are still moaning, I Remember the dark days in the late 70s and early 80s when we slid all the way from division 1 too division 3, and again under Jewell, so I enjoy any season when we are still fighting for the play offs or promotion, so well done to Gary on your full first season, we have something to play for, and hopefully an extended season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2018 at 20:52, ariotofmyown said:

After having the playoff final date penciled on the calendar all year, I've just booked flights to Spain for the May half term. This means it pretty much a certainty we'll make the playoff final now. My pleasure.

Just don't start booking minibuses and hotels yet, or that will cancel out my actions.

Have a great day out at Wembley everyone.

Seriously, don't mention it. It's my pleasure.

Finding a bit of form,playing good football we have as good a chance as any in the play offs with the advantage of having been so inconsistent that the opposition won't know what to expect. Keogh has been rested and the likes of Hudds,Ledley,Thorne, have experience and quality to do a job over Fulham.

Just need to set our stall out and hope lady luck is on our side.

Well done for getting into the play offs ,now lets finish the job. COYR.

Archived