RamsTV Meets Alan Hinton

Day

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Great - hoped he'd do one whilst visiting. Looking forward to this.

There are quite a few in our current squad I wish would 'do one'

Seriously though, Allan Hinton is a DCFC legend. No question. 

Loved Gladys , story went round when he arrived a few Derby players thought he was soft .Cloughie took them out on to the BBG pitch which of course had the low brick wall where the front of the terracing met the very narrow running track .

BC asked if any of them fancied being tackled on a regular basis so close to the edge of the pitch.  End of problem.

15 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Loved Gladys , story went round when he arrived a few Derby players thought he was soft .Cloughie took them out on to the BBG pitch which of course had the low brick wall where the front of the terracing met the very narrow running track .

BC asked if any of them fancied being tackled on a regular basis so close to the edge of the pitch.  End of problem.

Was surprised Colin never asked about that story, but then again he never really had much of an opportunity ?. A truly great Ramstv meets this one, with one of Derby County’s true greats. Gladys has always come across as a nice guy but this interview really brings out what a fantastic human being he is. If I can be remembered as someone with half of his humility and gratitude I will have had a good life. Well done Colin Gibson for a fantastic interview!

For those that haven’t seen this (I’m sure there can’t be many), I’ll leave this Youtube clip here. 

Oh how we could do with some of these great players today, perhaps GR should show this ahead of today’s Kick-off with Middlesbrough to inject some sense of pride and motivation in playing for Derby.

4 minutes ago, 61GT said:

For those that haven’t seen this (I’m sure there can’t be many), I’ll leave this Youtube clip here. 

Oh how we could do with some of these great players today, perhaps GR should show this ahead of today’s Kick-off with Middlesbrough to inject some sense of pride and motivation in playing for Derby.

I used to stand in that corner where it says Texaco, and it was a real thrill to see Alan Hinton bombing up the wing straight at you before putting in the perfect cross.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived