Derbyshire Cricket 2018

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bits of cloud about at the ground but it is dry and pretty sunny. 

We set them 442 to win off 126 overs. 7 for 0 off 7 overs at the minute.

The pitch is improving each day. Hopefully it will do something Day 4.

I left with a handful of overs to go, and was delighted to find that Cartwright had been dismissed late on to to leave Middlesex 86-3. This leaves Derbyshire a tantalising 7 wickets away from that rarest of birds - a home win in the County Championship.

The last one was, I believe, in 2014. Derbyshire did achieve 3 victories in the Championship last season, but all three were away from home.

22 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Finally the 9th wicket falls, was starting to get worried.

Woo hoo. Only Derbys could suffer a 9th wicket partnership of 106!

Good rain kept away, thought just their luck would scupper them.

Sounds like promising early signs, resolved to go a bit more this year; as Carnero says Derbyshire la la la :lol:

Managed to watch about 3/4 of the game over 4 days. Thoroughly deserved victory. We look to have as good a team as I have seen at Derbyshire for at least 4 years but the squad looks very thin. I reckon we are 2 players short of being a promotion winning team.   

Just got home. Excellent win and thoroughly deserved.

The wicket very much flattened out over the last two days but the bowlers stuck at it and were eventually rewarded.

43 minutes ago, sage said:

Managed to watch about 3/4 of the game over 4 days. Thoroughly deserved victory. We look to have as good a team as I have seen at Derbyshire for at least 4 years but the squad looks very thin. I reckon we are 2 players short of being a promotion winning team.   

Certainly a batsmen and a spinner short for me. would be nice to just be in the mix after the last couple of seasons which have been dire.

PistoldPete2
8 minutes ago, eddie said:

Just got home. Excellent win and thoroughly deserved.

The wicket very much flattened out over the last two days but the bowlers stuck at it and were eventually rewarded.

Good stuff.. made hard work of it though. Weather stayed OK too.

Archived