Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo Ram

Derbyshire Cricket 2018

ramblur
2 hours ago, rynny said:

https://live.derbyshireccc.com/

Also live radio commentary on the official site, for lesser broadband speeds.

Thanks, but unfortunately neither audio nor video links are working for me (over 3 different browsers), and my speed's not bad today!

Working after lunch, and just seen last wicket. Olivier looks a bit sharp.

Edited by ramblur

What a brilliant Day 2 for Derbyshire!

A lead of 226 with 10 wickets remaining against the title favourites, can't ask for more than that.

Let's hope the weather holds and the boys finish the job now 👏

16 minutes ago, Carnero said:

What a brilliant Day 2 for Derbyshire!

A lead of 226 with 10 wickets remaining against the title favourites, can't ask for more than that.

Let's hope the weather holds and the boys finish the job now 👏

Certainly better than the footie....

It was an excellent day (well, for the Memsahib and me) - slightly less so for Sage as he nipped to Pride Park for the Rams game. The rain was somewhat annoying as that meant we sheltered in the car and couldn't avoid the Radio Derby commentary.

One very refreshing aspect of the post-rain evening session - Middlesex bowled an almost incredible 25 overs in 75 minutes. OK, they used twirlies most of the time, but even so, remarkable all the same in this day and age - shades of 1960 and earlier. I presume they had heard just how good some Derby pubs are, and wanted to make the most of their time up here.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

It was an excellent day (well, for the Memsahib and me) - slightly less so for Sage as he nipped to Pride Park for the Rams game. The rain was somewhat annoying as that meant we sheltered in the car and couldn't avoid the Radio Derby commentary.

One very refreshing aspect of the post-rain evening session - Middlesex bowled an almost incredible 25 overs in 75 minutes. OK, they used twirlies most of the time, but even so, remarkable all the same in this day and age - shades of 1960 and earlier. I presume they had heard just how good some Derby pubs are, and wanted to make the most of their time up here.

That does make a nice change from test matches where the team behind the 8-ball would labour to 15 or 16 overs in that time, interrupted by 3 unscheduled drinks breaks!

12 hours ago, Zag zig said:

How exciting is that to someone bought up on Holding, Malcolm, Newman, Mortensen, as well as the likes of Cork later. Sure I’ve missed someone else reasonably fast around that time.

Bishop was fairly brisk at times.

PistoldPete2
35 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Day 3 looking good, incredible opening stand from Slater & Reece, gutted for Slater he went on 99. Now just a case of when the declaration comes and then over to the bowlers.

Rain is forecast sorry to say

Bits of cloud about at the ground but it is dry and pretty sunny. 

We set them 442 to win off 126 overs. 7 for 0 off 7 overs at the minute.

The pitch is improving each day. Hopefully it will do something Day 4.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, eddie said:

40 minutes play lost. No big deal.

are you going tomorrow eddie?