PL & Championship Safe Standing Petition

jagerbob

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I want this to happen..... think you’ll have to convince some of one Football Teams supporters for it ever to happen 

The petition now has over 23,000 signatures, and is getting a lot of momentum but needs to hit at least 100,000 signatures to have any chance of making an impact.

We have at least 4000 people who stand every game in the South Stand, if you want to do it in a safe environment, you need to sign this petition!

Please sign it and spread awareness of it if you haven't already done so, it doesn't take long!

Fed up of the government refusing to enter into dialogue over something nobody else is opposed to!

Not a vocal minority

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:30, TomBustler1884 said:

This needs huge support to get anywhere. The number of fans and clubs who supposedly support this - it needs millions of signatures to apply the level of pressure needed.

I've written to my MP too.

If its Chris Williamson he is not in favour mate. Had a debate on Radio Derby with him. Naturally I won... :-)

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:06, jagerbob said:

... then this i would have thought is a no Brainer.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

Nice one Jager.

Remember though its not just for fans who do stand or who will indeed stand. Its about giving fans choice and I am sure there are a few West Standers who would love for their grandkids to be safe at football matches and to experience the excellent atmosphere it can generate with safe standing.

8 minutes ago, therams69 said:

If its Chris Williamson he is not in favour mate. Had a debate on Radio Derby with him. Naturally I won... :-)

Best way to get him on board is to make it political - point out the Tories are against it and it's an opportunity for Labour to be on the side of the majority. 

The petition is going well I see - just needs a few "names" to get on board now - Gary Lineker, Dan Walker, etc, people in the public eye with big football followings.

They can't ignore it forever.

5 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Best way to get him on board is to make it political - point out the Tories are against it and it's an opportunity for Labour to be on the side of the majority. 

The petition is going well I see - just needs a few "names" to get on board now - Gary Lineker, Dan Walker, etc, people in the public eye with big football followings.

They can't ignore it forever.

I tried that at the last election when the Lib Dems were in favour of SS but he was having none of it. Let me know how you do get on with him though. Maybe we could try and push him for a meeting.

Totally agree with getting big names on it.

10 hours ago, therams69 said:

Nice one Jager.

Remember though its not just for fans who do stand or who will indeed stand. Its about giving fans choice and I am sure there are a few West Standers who would love for their grandkids to be safe at football matches and to experience the excellent atmosphere it can generate with safe standing.

Totally, of course its about choice... it removes that notion of people complaining that they are being forced to stand just because the people infront of them are. Im really looking forward to going to a 2nd tier division match in a couple of weeks, and going in an unreserved terrace area... even if i have to go to a different country to experience it.

Choice is the reason people sit down at rock concerts is because they choose to, same as those that stand can do that too.

Im just a bit suprised how many standing football fans in this country arent willing to see it brought in. Its like they just accept things the way they are with this tory goverment, or they just cant be arsed.

Even if it did come in, there'd still be a lot more seats in the stadium than safe standing places, so I imagine the latter would be very popular, muich in the way the current south stand sells out quicker than other stands.

Archived