Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Oh my...... see the Rowett out brigade are in full flow..... 

Who do you want guys? Genuine question

I want a time machine and a return to either Mac period. Or Wassall. We've regressed since those days.

Anyone think we've moved forwards?

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't think it's this tbh Hants. They are trying, maybe a bit lethargic at times tonight but the effort is there. It's just all a bit clueless. We don't build attacks. We don't build anything. We try to get up the pitch as quick as possible without having the players there to help, to show. It then comes sideways and backwards and before you know it Pearce has put a ball 4 yards over Nuge's head again. He get's a thumbs up from Nuge though, that's the idea right? 

Struggling to see how we're attempting to beat football teams on this evidence. What is the plan? Someone who's on the other side of the fence to me have a go at explaining please, I'm lost. 

I think there's something to be said for the fact Chris Martin wouldn't accept that. 

If Alex Pearce tried floating a ball four yards over Chris Martin's head he'd get a bollocking from the striker and rightfully so. 

As much as I like Nugent's eagerness and his puppy-like enthusiasm, giving Pearce a thumbs up for something that doesn't play to your strengths and is never going to work doesn't help him or the team much when it comes to actually improving.

Unless of course these are the tactics they've been told to employ by the manager.

2 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Put pressure on the ball, make some tackles. **** it make some fouls that let you know your there, move the ball with a bit of urgency. Put one good cross in the box, maybe even create a decent chance. 

Commentators highlighted  that wolves are poor at defending say pieces, did we ever put that to the test? 

I was saying that we should of “kicked” neves earlier and stuck ledley or hudds on him, still wouldn’t stop his wonder goal   However, the first goal was poor defensive play by Baird 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

They have not got a clue, ask them who they want and they say nothing, Wolves are very good at this level, so let's see were we end up at the end of the season, if we get in the playoffs, then it's been a good first season for Mr Rowett.

Just now, Derby blood said:

They have not got a clue, ask them who they want and they say nothing, Wolves are very good at this level, so let's see were we end up at the end of the season, if we get in the playoffs, then it's been a good first season for Mr Rowett.

Not a clue? I've just listed 5 managers I'd replace Rowett with, and I'm pretty much one of the most Rowett out people on here.

11 hours ago, David said:

I could say the same about “Eerrrgghh”, posting goals v Yeovil 5 years ago longing for the good old days like we are somehow suffering.

Why not post the more recent second Bolton goal, for how bad they were they have 2 more points than that Yeovil side which finished rock bottom.

We have scored nice goals all season, goals that would not have looked out of place in the 13/14 season but we seem to only remember the Sunderland type games.

Simply didn't have a single goal to show at the time. On the brief highlights the second goal is edited so you only see the final pass.

i don't know whether you genuinely don't understand the point i'm making or what?

as i said, you are in such a hurry to rush to attack a perceived criticism that i think you just miss the point.

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

I think you will find the vast majority want to get back to enjoying watching Derby, it’s not about naming a replacement manger as people are not in a position to know who is available, and who would want to come etc....

GRs brand of footbal over the season,  even in the two games we have won recently has been awful, the Wolves games is just an accumulation of games where we have been set up to be negative, and most people can’t see it getting better any time soon.

Just now, CHCDerby said:

It wasn't even men against boys out there.

I know Vydra has scored loads of goals this season which shows what a quality player he is. But you only need to see his body language and you can see he ain't interested.

Explain, how was that Vydra's fault? Is it Matej's fault that the ball is sent 10 metres in front of him, rather than to his feet? Is it Matej's fault that Derby don't create chances for him? Is it Matej's fault he has no player to pass to because nobody moves into space?

Archived