Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

Get a ******* grip lads.  Wolves are just too good for this league.   What do you expect? Try attack more and get battered 5 0? 

Put pressure on the ball, make some tackles. **** it make some fouls that let you know your there, move the ball with a bit of urgency. Put one good cross in the box, maybe even create a decent chance. 

Commentators highlighted  that wolves are poor at defending say pieces, did we ever put that to the test? 

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

We can’t afford to give him the bullet Andicis, that’s what’s saving him in my opinion, if Mel is pleased with what he’s seeing, maybe he should consider his position as well much as I hate to write that. 

It's a sad reality if that is true. I resented sacking McClaren, when I came to terms with that, I wanted Mark Warburton, but Forest got him (he'd have been a perfect fit for us after Mac) and now we're completely screwed. 

Yes it was poor tonight, but we were beaten by a very good side, by FAR the best in this division, Wolves first goal was GOOD, but the second was WORLD CLASS, the best goal I have seen in the championship for a very long time, so we have lost, but hands up we were outclassed tonight, but I still think we have enough to make the play offs, now let's move on and get the 3 points against Burton.

11 minutes ago, Derbydave96 said:

Falling out of love with Derby pretty quickly right now - the current set up really isn't for me

That above! I’ve had enough of this boring football. If were gonna lose let’s go down fighting and trying to play the right way 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And an entire pitch to stroke the ball around in. And a really easy nights work where the only real worry was keeping warm.

doesnt matter if they’re the best side. We’re better than Sunderland, Wolves are better than Villa. 

Youre attitude seems to suggest there was no point us turning up? I mean this super Wolves team are only a handful of places above us and the idea is to play them again next season where they will be one of our slightly easier games. 

Forget the result. I’m more bothered that after going 1-0 down we were happy for them to roll the ball about like an exhibition. We didn’t take risks on the ball when we had it. We continued to play like it was 0-0.

if they’re that good then shouldn’t we have gone for it? What would we have to lose? 

We made Preston look like Barcelona for an hour. We just keep expecting to feed off opposition errors. We react to them. And when they don’t read the script we look clueless

The minute we conceded Rowett should have been telling Lawrence and Wiemann to stay high up the pitch and look to stretch the back three rather than having them tracking back to cover the wing backs. How we set up meant we practically had 9 players defending. When we won the ball low and behold there was no one to play it too and no way to break out. 

If that doesn't change anything, switch to a back 3 at half time and go man for man. But Jesus Christ do something at least. 

So tactically inept.

7 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

We can’t afford to give him the bullet Andicis, that’s what’s saving him in my opinion, if Mel is pleased with what he’s seeing, maybe he should consider his position as well much as I hate to write that. 

Maybe Mel is seeing derby in 5th place when most expected lower.  I'm certainly ok with our league position!

Just now, Andicis said:

It's a sad reality if that is true. I resented sacking McClaren, when I came to terms with that, I wanted Mark Warburton, but Forest got him (he'd have been a perfect fit for us after Mac) and now we're completely screwed. 

Completely screwed 5 games to go sitting in 15th..... oh wait, I though we were talking 2010/11 season

So I’ve only really seen Wolves once this season, on Friday, and after watching us on Saturday I thought ‘Pearce and Davies are gonna struggle if they get any ball in behind’...it took 6 minutes for it to be proven

Didn’t expect to win, but it’s the manner of the performance. Vydra is fine scoring, but when was the last time he’s played well as a no.10? No support in the midfield, not holding onto the ball, not bringing other into play, not creating, not good enough. A Good striker but he’s not much else I’m afraod, where is the so called great Nugent-Vydra partnership? Or is Nugent suffering from doing all his work for the team and not concentrating on his own game? Lawrence played well Saturday by cutting inside to find space, he didn’t do that tonight. Huddlestone is very deep, too far away from any attacking players and it makes the midfield non existent. Why is Palmer sat on the bench? Then brought on in a position he doesn’t play in, (when we have a DM on the bench)? Players are constantly put in a position they can probably play but they aren’t overly comfortable in. 

We have set up a team to suit one player and teams easily counter it. It was constantly mentioned around Christmas about finding different ways to play, it never happened and we keep thinking it’ll work but we get exposed so many times.

Like I said it’s not that we’ve lost, it’s the manner and how are set up that’s atrocious. That comes from the management for me who makes the same mistakes.

Thats a stream of consciousness and I’m sorry, but there’s been so many questions gone unanswered over the season 

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Oh my...... see the Rowett out brigade are in full flow..... 

Who do you want guys? Genuine question

I don't mind losing but what particularly frustrated me tonight is the complete lack of reaction when the game was so clearly going against us from so early in the game. 

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Aye, if Mel is pleased with what he's seeing then I sadly feel the same. I'm sure he's not though - he's got eyes.

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

No mate. 

Wolves are the best side in the Championship by far end of 

One bad goal when Baird got caught sleeping  and one wonder goal by the 16 Million pound man 

Whilst I agree with what you said, i thought that we were lambs rather than sheep, we have horns on our emblem for a reason. 

Archived