Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett's football is never going to be good enough. He's gone for experience with no pace or energy which, in the Championship won't take you anywhere. If he doesn't get replaced or change there's a borefest in store.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Beaten by a much better team but the lack of desire was worrying. Same goes for the tactics, holding it as is would have been fine at 0-0 but we were losing and nothing was done to alter the course of the game.

According to Rowett we changed formation four times! Missed that myself.

9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Maybe they don’t want to be part of this manager’s brand of “football”

You know what, that might be right. I'd be hard pushed to listen to and follow Gary if he was my manager at work. 

Motivation levels seem to be rock bottom and as for tactical prowess etc, he's a dinosaur.

And as I predicted, he's referred to That goal within 2 sentences in post match interview. And he reckons he changed tactics 4 times to counter Wolves possession. And he reckons that Wolves have 4 champions league level players.

The pundits saw it right: no pressure, no intensity, no idea, no desire. They didn't turn up.

We all saw it except Gary.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Rowett needs to go. His management isn't good enough, the football is terrible. I don't say that just from tonight's performance, but the past couple of months. Mac was sacked for much, much less. If Rowett wasn't young he'd be considered alongside Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis and others in that ilk. Dinosaur management with no progressive vision for the club.But because he is young and can make jokes on the radio, he is a top young English manager.

And those trainers aren’t anywhere near as trendy now 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And an entire pitch to stroke the ball around in. And a really easy nights work where the only real worry was keeping warm.

doesnt matter if they’re the best side. We’re better than Sunderland, Wolves are better than Villa. 

Youre attitude seems to suggest there was no point us turning up? I mean this super Wolves team are only a handful of places above us and the idea is to play them again next season where they will be one of our slightly easier games. 

Forget the result. I’m more bothered that after going 1-0 down we were happy for them to roll the ball about like an exhibition. We didn’t take risks on the ball when we had it. We continued to play like it was 0-0.

if they’re that good then shouldn’t we have gone for it? What would we have to lose? 

We made Preston look like Barcelona for an hour. We just keep expecting to feed off opposition errors. We react to them. And when they don’t read the script we look clueless

It’s not just us they have beaten in a canter .

Nothing to be had here and we move on .

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Rowett needs to go. His management isn't good enough, the football is terrible. I don't say that just from tonight's performance, but the past couple of months. Mac was sacked for much, much less. If Rowett wasn't young he'd be considered alongside Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis and others in that ilk. Dinosaur management with no progressive vision for the club.But because he is young and can make jokes on the radio, he is a top young English manager.

We can’t afford to give him the bullet Andicis, that’s what’s saving him in my opinion, if Mel is pleased with what he’s seeing, maybe he should consider his position as well much as I hate to write that. 

19 minutes ago, JG400 said:

It's down to the manager , said this game was a free hit i.e. he expected us to lose

Of course some of the blame is with the manager, but these are not schoolboys who need to be told how to trap a football or at least get the basics right. If we win, the players get praise and the manager hardly gets a mention, so lets be even handed and share the blame out equally.

A lot of people blaming effort but I think it was perhaps the tactics and that we hadn’t planned on having to score.

the idea was, I think, to let them come forward. They don’t often shoot on sight do they? They build and that’s what we wanted. To catch them over committing. 

Unfortunately they scored and then didn’t bother committing men forward. They were happy to stroll through the next 85 mins. They didn’t gift wrap counter attacks and we have never been very good at building attacks through an opponent.

i think what looked lazy was just bewilderment 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

I miss characters like Bucko. He was slow  (as are our current team) but he was a trier.

I don't think it's this tbh Hants. They are trying, maybe a bit lethargic at times tonight but the effort is there. It's just all a bit clueless. We don't build attacks. We don't build anything. We try to get up the pitch as quick as possible without having the players there to help, to show. It then comes sideways and backwards and before you know it Pearce has put a ball 4 yards over Nuge's head again. He get's a thumbs up from Nuge though, that's the idea right? 

Struggling to see how we're attempting to beat football teams on this evidence. What is the plan? Someone who's on the other side of the fence to me have a go at explaining please, I'm lost. 

Archived