Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My god that was bad we looked like we had dragged the oap's out of the retirement home accross the road give them the kit and zimmerframes and said go on lads go and enjoy it I've seen more pace and movement from my disabled dad in a wheelchair 

Playoffs are a no way Millwall are smashing it and Middlesborough look like they will get in 

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Amazing how we created so little, surely the plan was to counter at pace and yet when the chance came the players were walking?

Here's the thing because of how we set up and because of wolves set up there was literally nowhere to go. We recovered the ball deep and had virtually everybody back defending so when we broke they invetabley had enough back. 

Too many players having a laugh too. Saw Nuge, Wisdom at least big grins after final whistle. Maybe they should go over to the fans and grin at them. I do not like seeing that. Pogba was laughing first half and Gary Neville had a pop but he at least improved second half in that one 

Rowett’s football is awful, can’t see it getting any better no matter what division we are in. Tonight summed it up, slow and no flair, it won’t get any better folks :(

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

My god that was bad we looked like we had dragged the oap's out of the retirement home accross the road give them the kit and zimmerframes and said go on lads go and enjoy it I've seen more pace and movement from my disabled dad in a wheelchair 

Playoffs are a no way Millwall are smashing it and Middlesborough look like they will get in 

He is available for Saturday? :D

PistoldPete2
8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The reality is.... they were too quick for us and we've got a massive lack of pace in this team, especially the pedestrian boys in central midfield. This team needs energising asap.

Commentator said Jerome was one of fastest players in the League. ten years ago maybe but not now.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC MANAGEMENT ..

EVERY player in the penalty box for EVERY corner !!!!

Bring on defensive players for forwards when 2..0 down !!!! 

NO attacking intent or ability whatsoever !!!! 

WHY even have Thomas on the bench if there’s no intention to give him at least 20 minutes when we’re losing ???? 

WHAT did Rowett expect to get from Cameron Jerome at this stage of his career ???? 

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

No mate. 

Wolves are the best side in the Championship by far end of 

One bad goal when Baird got caught sleeping  and one wonder goal by the 16 Million pound man 

And an entire pitch to stroke the ball around in. And a really easy nights work where the only real worry was keeping warm.

doesnt matter if they’re the best side. We’re better than Sunderland, Wolves are better than Villa. 

Youre attitude seems to suggest there was no point us turning up? I mean this super Wolves team are only a handful of places above us and the idea is to play them again next season where they will be one of our slightly easier games. 

Forget the result. I’m more bothered that after going 1-0 down we were happy for them to roll the ball about like an exhibition. We didn’t take risks on the ball when we had it. We continued to play like it was 0-0.

if they’re that good then shouldn’t we have gone for it? What would we have to lose? 

We made Preston look like Barcelona for an hour. We just keep expecting to feed off opposition errors. We react to them. And when they don’t read the script we look clueless

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The reality is.... they were too quick for us and we've got a massive lack of pace in this team, especially the pedestrian boys in central midfield. This team needs energising asap.

This was exactly Gary rowetts diagnosis 12 months ago. Spot on.

And 12 months on....here we are. 

Had to work tonight so just caught up with the match via this thread. I had us down for a battling 1-0 defeat.  Doesn't sound like we reached those modest heights. 

The optimist in me wonders if gr pulled this game in order to keep players fresher for the real challenge. But then I think why didn't he change it up?

I miss characters like Bucko. He was slow  (as are our current team) but he was a trier.

The next few seasons don't look pretty if we're facing a rebuild. But perhaps mels ramstv revolution will pull in massive investment from Pyongyang. It'll make the half time entertainment interesting what with those displays of massed flange waving and military drive bys :lol:

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

And an entire pitch to stroke the ball around in. And a really easy nights work where the only real worry was keeping warm.

doesnt matter if they’re the best side. We’re better than Sunderland, Wolves are better than Villa. 

Youre attitude seems to suggest there was no point us turning up? I mean this super Wolves team are only a handful of places above us and the idea is to play them again next season where they will be one of our slightly easier games. 

Forget the result. I’m more bothered that after going 1-0 down we were happy for them to roll the ball about like an exhibition. We didn’t take risks on the ball when we had it. We continued to play like it was 0-0.

if they’re that good then shouldn’t we have gone for it? What would we have to lose? 

We made Preston look like Barcelona for an hour. We just keep expecting to feed off opposition errors. We react to them. And when they don’t read the script we look clueless

It's Pearson mk2. I ******* hate it.

Rowett needs to go. His management isn't good enough, the football is terrible. I don't say that just from tonight's performance, but the past couple of months. Mac was sacked for much, much less. If Rowett wasn't young he'd be considered alongside Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis and others in that ilk. Dinosaur management with no progressive vision for the club.But because he is young and can make jokes on the radio, he is a top young English manager.

Archived