Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

Just now, Anag Ram said:

I have rarely seen a team with so little energy. 

Few players determined enough to win their battle.

Wolves are a good side but chiefly because they work so hard for each other. Little evidence of that from the Rams.

This team doesn't look like it wants promotion and few should survive the summer cull.

The worrying thing is they don’t look like they want to survive the cull.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comprehensively beaten. Didnt look like they even  thought they could win this at any stage tonight. Wisdom couldnt pass a moving ball. Baird's 45 now, the huge space between Huddlestone/ledley and Vydra. Nugent on his own scampering about, everything looked so totally unambitious. but at least they'll all be tired for our coming match.  Wolves are a solid outfit. looking better than some of the dross currently in the league above them.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I have rarely seen a team with so little energy. 

Few players determined enough to win their battle.

Wolves are a good side but chiefly because they work so hard for each other. Little evidence of that from the Rams.

This team doesn't look like it wants promotion and few should survive the summer cull.

We aren’t going up, this isn’t a one off. The Preston game was dismissed as grinding out a result to get back on track.

We will struggle to make the play offs with our run in and then we would have to play two of them again to go up.

We look shot and the manager is as stubborn as Nigel was with changing things.

Tonight just shows how far off we are in terms of quality. People including Mel have this perception that we have a squad packed with talent just because we've spent lots of money in the last 3 years but our recruitment has just been unbelievably poor. I believe in what Rowett is trying to do, but he's done half the job.. His signings have been an improvement but we're still in need of maybe another younger center half and certainly a left back, combative midfielder, a left winger and a center forward. Our best attacking option outside our 11 isn't even ours to keep (Palmer).. We need another summer similar to the last with a few slightly younger additions. More of the old guard to depart including Keogh, Forsyth, Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Bent, Anya, Olson, Shackell, Martin, Weimann. That's alot to shift, hopefully we'll blood Lowe, Elsnik, Guy, Thomas as well. 

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think we're just outclassed by a better team. I don't think it is lack of effort etc as some people have put it down to. I think our management is poor, and has been all year, it's why I've been vocal in the past in why I think Rowett should be fired, but this game I think is more a dominant team outplaying us. 

I agree i think. I wish I’d seen the Bolton game. In the last 3 performances I’ve seen us try to play on the counter against teams that either are already winning or aren’t coming forward. I though Preston game was pooh. Made them look like Spurs. 

Was never a fan of Rowett at any time as a manager. But when we were winning you couldn’t really say his defend, kick and counter style had no future. 

But I think when you become a team that’s considered a tough game, which our good results produced, then you’re not going to have the same opportunity to play on the break. Here I’d want to see something else. And we just don’t.

tonight showcases that for me. We’ve defended a defeat because Wolves have refused to jump on our sword. They’re good but I think we’ve made them look levels above. I don’t even think they’ve had to work hard for this 

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Maybe they don’t want to be part of this manager’s brand of “football”

I agree. I don’t want Rowett out - as I couldn’t bear another transition from one manager to another, again. But the football is just not ambitious - and the players look like they’ve had enough. 

I am not far behind them...

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If we'd sat all eleven players down in the centre circle and had a sing song, we'd have had about as much impact on that game as we did by actually taking part. Pathetic. Rowett out.

Who do you think you are Phil Brown?

9 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Where's the flair? Where's the adventure? We're so pedestrian it hurts. My grandma could play quicker football than us and she's been dead for 10 years.

Been saying the same all season. Flair and adventure hasn't registered with Gary all year. 

The big question is whether he can change next season and evolve the play from pragmatic to attacking. 

Archived