Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We lost heavily that night, to a side clearly better than us away from home. We're on route to do the same, why is this worth moaning about? If we were losing away to Burton I'd accept the criticism. Wolves are the best team in this league.

Because that night we had a far better team playing far better football and you could see the direction we were going in as a club. 

7 minutes ago, Duracell said:

What’s depressing is I’m not sure how much more money Wolves have spent compared with us in 2015 or 2016.

They spent their millions and got Neves and Jota. We got Johnson, Laurence and Anya.

Moral of the story is that if you are gonna have a dodgy agent involved within the club, try and get one who knows loads of great players.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Joke. Applaud the quality of the goal, don't look for reasons to blame people. You can say maybe we should have closed down faster, yet it's an absolute worldie, and it's just quality attacking.

Oh yeah I’m not doubting that at all, goal of the season without a doubt from a player who should be two levels above here. Just frustrating the number of goals we’ve conceded in the same manner, there’s always the risk of the second phase if nothing else when you close down the way we did.

Just now, Jayram said:

Because that night we had a far better team playing far better football and you could see the direction we were going in as a club. 

That direction that was another season in the Championship, why is this any different?

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

With the help of super agent Jorge Mendes. No other team in this league would've got those players for the price Wolves did.

Of course.

But if we’d spent our money more intelligently, we’d have better players. We got good Championship players for the same price they got good Champions League players.

Not expecting Ruben Neves, but spend £6m and I’d expect players that look like they’re playing in the wrong league, not players like Bradley Johnson who look like he’s playing the wrong sport.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

That young, exciting, attacking team didn't get anywhere. The reason we're in this situation is because of their failures.

And this is better?

Old blokes playing boring football with boring tactics.

Bring back 4 all draws,at least we tried to play football and there was some entertainment value to it.

Just now, Duracell said:

Of course.

But if we’d spent our money more intelligently, we’d have better players. We got good Championship players for the same price they got good Champions League players.

Not expecting Ruben Neves, but spend £6m and I’d expect players that look like they’re playing in the wrong league, not players like Bradley Johnson who look like he’s playing the wrong sport.

I'm not disputing that we spent our money poorly, Johnson and Butterfield are painful proof of that. It was just that your post suggested that if we spent our money more wisely like Wolves did, we'd have players like Neves and Jota. We wouldn't. Without Mendes those players wouldn't know who Wolverhampton Wanderers are, let alone be willing to leave the likes of Porto and Atletico to join them.

Just now, curtains said:

But it is. 

What???

poor little cash strapped struggling Derby from the Sunday League vs Champions League filthy rich Wolves. All our non league players really struggling to keep pace with all 11 Porto players. Our cheap squad just can’t be expected to even give them a game. 

Shall we also accept defeat to Fulham too? What with them being higher? Cardiff too? 

You know, like Sunderland did last Friday.

Wolves are getting better and better with every page on the thread

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

And this is better?

Old blokes playing boring football with boring tactics.

Bring back 4 all draws,at least we tried to play football and there was some entertainment value to it.

Didn't say that. I just think that there isn't much point in being so upset about a predictable result. Wolves are filled with top top players. Neves will be in the Champions League soon enough. I won't be on the negative bandwagon for this game, because I don't think it's justified. I was absolutely seething at the Sunderland result, but we're away to top of the league. 

Archived