The Old Guard

loweman2

Cloughies first signing at Derby and took him everywhere, including leaving him stranded at Leeds, one of our great centre forwards and another incredibly friendly and open man, happy to share memories and stories, his book would be good, very good ! John O’Hare or John Nohair as jordan decided to call him.

549E94BE-A6C2-4690-B056-4DA151919B54.jpeg

39 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

The great Toddy !! He was awesome, funny, honest and very genuine, I still keep in regular contact with him and he rings me up for a bit of advice every now and again, you can imagine the stories that he has to tell about football and footballers, an amazing man who love Derby County but felt bitter to how he was treated as a manager.

a really down to earth man, proper Dcfc hero !

8520E0CB-90BF-4DDA-8650-7AF82E6A9536.jpeg

I couldn't believe it when Andy Todds son played in my lads team a few years back and Colin came to watch. It was like Royalty was there.

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

@loweman2, I have given nearly every single one of your posts a like. I am getting sick of you now. Has everyone seen his bloody likes to posts ratio? Have you ever thought of collecting Forest memorabilia?

It’s just great to know that there is at least one person out there who shares the passion for the old days, yes it may be called living in the past by some but without that past our club would be nothing, those old lads as they are now put us on the World footballing map along with their gaffer !

thanks for the supportive words as always @richinspain ?

pits a fine line between keeping the dream alive and being an obsessive anorak type !

the great thing is that I have built a good relationship with most of the players (except Willie Carlin ?? @Boycie) and they have all been great.

its a journey that I set out on for my dad but it has bought me immense pleasure and my lad will have a fantastic set of pictures of his days spent with the real Derby County heroes long after we have all left this place !

As for the Forest stuff !! They can keep it ! Living in the past !! ??

up the Raaaams

This is the one that started, when I found out that it didn’t matter how big a name they were they are all just normal guys, even this man, invited me and my old man into his home, and made us laugh, also had a very serious side to him.

he was the one that got the whole thing going, put a team together and took on the footballing world, outspoken, a maverick but a great footballing brain, a genius, his like will never be seen again in football.

we were lucky enough to have him as our manager and to many he is still the face of Derby County as synonymous with the club as the snorting Ram or the BBG !

the one and only Mr Clough !

8B50D8E2-0FF3-4579-BBA8-017D85657CB9.jpeg

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

This is the one that started, when I found out that it didn’t matter how big a name they were they are all just normal guys, even this man, invited me and my old man into his home, and made us laugh, also had a very serious side to him.

he was the one that got the whole thing going, put a team together and took on the footballing world, outspoken, a maverick but a great footballing brain, a genius, his like will never be seen again in football.

we were lucky enough to have him as our manager and to many he is still the face of Derby County as synonymous with the club as the snorting Ram or the BBG !

Look, now you’ve made me give you another like ?

@loweman2 truly inspirational mate. I think us of a certain vintage have a respect for those players and your posts telling us of their  kindness and hospitality to you and your Dad cements that fondness.

Brilliant posting sir and I'm intrigued about your future revelations you've hinted at!

4 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Great man, but lets not forget the contribution of Peter Taylor.

13 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Cloughies first signing at Derby and took him everywhere, including leaving him stranded at Leeds, one of our great centre forwards and another incredibly friendly and open man, happy to share memories and stories, his book would be good, very good ! John O’Hare or John Nohair as jordan decided to call him.

549E94BE-A6C2-4690-B056-4DA151919B54.jpeg

With John O'Hare being Cloughs 1st signing for the Rams, does anyone know who his last signing was before resigning?

24 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

With John O'Hare being Cloughs 1st signing for the Rams, does anyone know who his last signing was before resigning?

Henry newton.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Henry newton.

Fair call and widely reported as Clough's last signing towards the end of September 1973 but Clough did sign one other on 1st October 1973, although didn't go on to make any 1st team appearances.

2 hours ago, Donnyram said:

Fair call and widely reported as Clough's last signing towards the end of September 1973 but Clough did sign one other on 1st October 1973, although didn't go on to make any 1st team appearances.

Who was that? Barney bowers?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Who was that? Barney bowers?

Chris Egan, young Irish left winger signed from Sligo Rovers in October 1973.  Left on loan to Newport County in 1976 before playing locally with the likes of Heanor Town & Arnold.

20 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Chris Egan, young Irish left winger signed from Sligo Rovers in October 1973.  Left on loan to Newport County in 1976 before playing locally with the likes of Heanor Town & Arnold.

Better get him on the list for a visit !! ????