Darragh Lenihan

Kernow

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the type of player we should be signing (if we’re looking to keep the spending down again). Young lads impressing in the lower leagues. Still can’t believe we spent 1.2 m on Jerome when a similar-ish amount could’ve easily got a young striker from the lower leagues, imo.

13 hours ago, maydrakin said:

According to transfermarkt, he’s 1.78m and he’s played 8 games this season...

Not exactly a big uncompromising stopper.

(However, Wikipedia suggests he’s 9cm taller!)

That's only 5 ft 10 or thereabouts. 

Might be another Toddy I suppose :thumbsup: the epitome of a ball playing centre half. 

That's Colin, not @toddy :lol:

From what I remember of his time at Burton he was mostly used as a full back due to a shortage there. Did a pretty solid job, I think the reason the loan ended was because they had extended it a few times and there is a limit to how many times you can do that.

Also remember reading in the Burton Mail they were looking at getting him back the season after, but he was looking at potentially playing at a higher level, and also wanted to play centrally rather than full back, and Burton were already well covered there so couldn't make any guarantees and it didn't go any further.

Paid a bit of attention since and everything I've heard has been positive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 08:15, maydrakin said:

According to transfermarkt, he’s 1.78m and he’s played 8 games this season...

Not exactly a big uncompromising stopper.

(However, Wikipedia suggests he’s 9cm taller!)

Blackburn's official profile of him states 178cm

https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/first-team/defender/darragh-lenihan/

So he's not big and he hasn't dome anything to get excited about.

But then, I don't really want a reason to get excited about a signing. Every signing we've made of a player everyone on here has been excited about has lasted months before the consensus is we've paid too much and he's useless. 

Ok, some of the players who we all thought would be useless have actually turned out to be useless - but I'd say most of our good signings in recent times have been surprises; based on initial predictions on here.

10 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Blackburn's official profile of him states 178cm

https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/first-team/defender/darragh-lenihan/

So he's not big and he hasn't dome anything to get excited about.

But then, I don't really want a reason to get excited about a signing. Every signing we've made of a player everyone on here has been excited about has lasted months before the consensus is we've paid too much and he's useless. 

Ok, some of the players who we all thought would be useless have actually turned out to be useless - but I'd say most of our good signings in recent times have been surprises; based on initial predictions on here.

I can only think of Ledley who's been a nice surprise and we didn't exactly go looking for him.

48 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I can only think of Ledley who's been a nice surprise and we didn't exactly go looking for him.

Curtis Davies was roundly derided as a aging pro looking for a last paycheck. Hudds has delivered at least if not wildly surpassing expectations.

Archived