Eric Bristow

Mafiabob

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

A treble top, is 60. The 20 is at the top of the board and you throw a dart into the treble.. Ergo 60. You can't score 120 with one dart.

Not a darts player myself but everyone I know will call a treble top = 60. A quick straw poll in the office here (granted most can't count to 10), agree.. Treble top = 60. Eric's age when he passed. The original post made perfect sense to me. :thumbsup:

Capture Darts.PNG

Nope not having it. People don't really say treble top. Its treble 20. ...and double top.  

We all know what soccer is...its in the dictionary...but just wrong!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Nope not having it. People don't really say treble top. Its treble 20. ...and double top.  

How do I know, I don't drink and visited a pub once and yeah i prefer a proper sport like soccer :ph34r:

11 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Pele, Michael Johnston, Mohammed Ali no the fat bloke with the beer belly downing ten pints? What did you want to be when you grown up?

Bristow was one of the great sporting icons of the 1980's along with the likes of Bruno, Mansell, Faldo & Botham. 

Pele and Ali were long gone by then.

Michael Johnson was 90's and I was too into girls and football by then.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Bristow was one of the great sporting icons of the 1980's along with the likes of Bruno, Mansell, Faldo & Botham. 

Pele and Ali were long gone by then.

Michael Johnson was 90's and I was too into girls and football by then.

I was only wumming sweetpea, w ere Bruno, Mansell, Faldo & Botham  good darts players also?

57 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

TBF Eric Bristow was a more obvious heart attack risk than Ray Wilkins , although Butch did have health problems and a drink problem too sadly. 

I didn't realise butch had a drink problem. But yeah 60 is not bad actually if you spend your life in pubs drinking 12 pints a night.

35 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Northern thing then.. :whistle: We all know a cob is a roll, cob is just wrong.

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Northern thing then.. :whistle: We all know a cob is a roll, cob is just wrong.

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Birds Cobs.....a thing of beauty.

Scone....is is 'scown'..or 'sc-gon' .

Isn’t a roll what you have with a bird? :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2018 at 22:45, Parsnip said:

Ray Wilkins at 61, Eric Bristow 60 - these things always happen in 3's - I'm expecting 1 more national treasure of young age to be taken tomorrow... 

Took a while - but Dale Winton at 62 makes up the 3. 

Archived