RamsTV Meets Archie Gemmill

David

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I once witnessed Archie being thrown out of the White Swan in Littleover many years ago, but he had done nothing wrong.

The landlord was a complete ****** who once threw me out for not handing him my pound note properly when I paid for my pint.

Landlord is a Forest fan I believe.  

On 4 April 2018 at 08:51, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I once witnessed Archie being thrown out of the White Swan in Littleover many years ago, but he had done nothing wrong.

The landlord was a complete ****** who once threw me out for not handing him my pound note properly when I paid for my pint.

On 4 April 2018 at 11:32, ThePrisoner said:

Landlord is a Forest fan I believe.  

On 4 April 2018 at 12:21, Hucknall Ram said:

Named my 1st son after him

You named your son after the landlord of the white swan?

On 04/04/2018 at 11:27, Premier ram said:

love wee Archie , that free kick against Forest was brilliant , i wish somebody would of taken his coffee cup off him in the interview tho , how many times did he move it

its advertising mate, by product placement. They were supposed to be pretending to drink it, but as with many TV shows, the cups were clearly empty, and Archie soon got fed up of the pretence and simply fiddled about with it on the table.

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

its advertising mate, by product placement. They were supposed to be pretending to drink it, but as with many TV shows, the cups were clearly empty, and Archie soon got fed up of the pretence and simply fiddled about with it on the table.

aah

that explains the strange socks in the john barton interview. 

He is a typical Scot - when Derby were pioneering sponsorship, they were sponsored by the local Saab dealership (Woodrooffes, I believe). Archie took delivery of his free car, and complained that the petrol tank wasn't full. 

He later had a personal sponsorship deal with DIPT, and as an extra they agreed to let him have the use of a professional grade lawnmower. to which Archie wanted them to deliver it to his house and take it away again for each lawn-mowing event! 

On 04/04/2018 at 08:51, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Was the landlord called Ted?

Archived