Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

RiddingsRam

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

They did chear for there first shot but good on them they were taking the p**s I thought the Bolton fans were good humoured even when their team were awful 

Yeah I meant that in a positive way, they had the gallows humour that we had when we went down. Good set of fans.

8 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Must never be critical (evaluative, analytical, interpretative, commentative, explanatory) about Derby, otherwise you get accused of moaning (complaining and grumbling).

Critcism is imperative. Do folks think that Gary and Mel aren't critics.

It must be great to just sit there grinning like the fool on the hill, watching the world spinning around. 

That's true Tim, but I think the point being made is that some of the critiques from some aren't always well balanced. It's the mind set or lack on knowledge where "critisism" is aimed in such a subjective way. .. All the Rowett ball epithets and the he's a waste of space style comments that are so partisan .. Mac camp or Rowett camp or pro and anti Keogh that have nothing to do with looking at the game. They are just statements based on narrow, ill considered prejudice. The "This is my view and never shall it change - I'll spin the post to justify my long held view which isn't going to change" harrumph. These are just as much fools on the hill except they walk around sneering instead of smiling. 

Strange game, which wasn't really a game.

Bolton were woeful, easily the worst team here this season. For a team fighting relegation there was almost a bizarre lack of anything good about them  - especially spirit, urgency and desire. You could see why they had so few away fans if that is what they are regularly served up. And yet a week ago, a team below Bolton in the table played like world beaters at Pride Park .We should take some of the credit for how Bolton played.

Hopefully this little run of ours will breed more confidence, both in the players and the management. And out of that, with a bit of luck, the football will get more entertaining. The players might start shooting when outside the box, their first inclination will be to look and pass forward instead of backwards, Gary might be more inclined to start with players like Thomas and Palmer. And he might even do the unthinkable - leave one or two players up the pitch when we concede a set piece in our own box.

Its understandable, after our recent awful run, that the manager felt the need to shore up the defence and build from the back in order to get us back on track. So the last two havnt exactly been pretty to watch. This should improve and Gary should play his part in allowing that.

They always say that the best way to enter the play offs is with some momentum. Which is what we now have. And once you are in the playoffs, it then becomes a lottery - anyone can win it.

So its almost incredible to think that we still have a realistic chance of going up this season !

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

Glad you enjoyed the match fella. Given the run of form we've been on you've proved something of a lucky mascot. You might find us having a whip round to buy you a ticket back here for the play-off final should we get there!

Safe journey home mate :thumbsup:

Still over here for another 4weeks yet so hopefully playoffs are looking good by then. A few more days around Derby then head up to Scotland.

12 hours ago, Derby blood said:

You need to drink more mate lol,  we were good first half,  saw the game out second half, now onto Wolves, I am always Happy when Derby win, also thought we played some good football at times, but as I have said some people just love to moan, and that's there choice, I bet you have your season ticket already, because for you that's what you go for, I bet your Mrs can not wait for you to go to the football on the Saturday, so you can stop moaning around the house, does she buy the season ticket for you as a birthday present Lol, glad you had your normal moaning good time at the match LOL. And yes I AM a HAPPY POSITIVE ram, it's what I go to the football for, to enjoy the day out, my glass is always half full.

This is so wide if the mark if you had actually ever met Ella or ever read all his posts in context. 

4 hours ago, jono said:

That's true Tim, but I think the point being made is that some of the critiques from some aren't always well balanced. It's the mind set or lack on knowledge where "critisism" is aimed in such a subjective way. .. All the Rowett ball epithets and the he's a waste of space style comments that are so partisan .. Mac camp or Rowett camp or pro and anti Keogh that have nothing to do with looking at the game. They are just statements based on narrow, ill considered prejudice. The "This is my view and never shall it change - I'll spin the post to justify my long held view which isn't going to change" harrumph. These are just as much fools on the hill except they walk around sneering instead of smiling. 

Well written jono, nailed it. And if I end up sitting next to any of these folk, laying into their own club at Wembley in May, I'm going to pick them up and volley them into the opposite end where they belong. 101 pages on the Sunderland thread of moaning when we lose, 31 pages on the Bolton thread when we win. 

Up The Rams

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

7 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Well written jono, nailed it. And if I end up sitting next to any of these folk, laying into their own club at Wembley in May, I'm going to pick them up and volley them into the opposite end where they belong. 101 pages on the Sunderland thread of moaning when we lose, 31 pages on the Bolton thread when we win. 

Up The Rams

It's not just a Derby thing. Listen to 6.06 and you'll hear the same fans call their team a disgrace and brilliant in successive weeks.

It's part of the British psyche that we wallow in misery like a pig in whatsit but dare to celebrate successes only briefly in case it all falls apart.

Ask anyone you know to list their strengths and weaknesses and I bet I know which will be the longer list.

We project that onto our football team and suddenly our misery is all their fault. 

15 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Was sitting next to him

Oh that made me laugh .. Ta ! ... I used to sit near this person who just didn't like Benty .. It was always "what's he doing, he's carp, blah blah blah" ... And then when he scored its was "about time to" 

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It's not just a Derby thing. Listen to 6.06 and you'll hear the same fans call their team a disgrace and brilliant in successive weeks.

It's part of the British psyche that we wallow in misery like a pig in whatsit but dare to celebrate successes only briefly in case it all falls apart.

Ask anyone you know to list their strengths and weaknesses and I bet I know which will be the longer list.

We project that onto our football team and suddenly our misery is all their fault. 

I choose to enjoy the good times and I'm old enough and experienced enough (like some of our current team, as David as posted, might see us over the line) as a Derby County Football Club Supporter, to be able to take the knocks and quickly get up again, ready to fight and encourage, and will the club I love, on to success. 

I'm not bothered about the rest of British fans at other clubs, and how the need and greed for constant entertainment and constant success with a quick fix, like spoilt babies behave, if they don't get their way, and so many of such, just don't get what they have at our wonderful club, or understand how to enjoy themselves or whether they want to enjoy themselves I'm not quite sure, it seems to be so many, always on the look out to blame someone or something whenether things don't instantly or magically happen for them etc. 

The power of being brainwashed by what they constantly watch on Sky Sports etc and constantly expect from their football club and what with all the money involved in football, and how it effects how people get so carried away, by their so called doom and gloom etc.

We are 5th in the league and looking fantastic for a play off spot, if I'm being honest, the reality is, we are looking very good indeed, so I'm going to enjoy myself. Right I'm off out for more beer wearing my Derby County t-shirt, sweatshirt and jacket with pride.

11 hours ago, Stagtime said:

Still over here for another 4weeks yet so hopefully playoffs are looking good by then. A few more days around Derby then head up to Scotland.

Ah, did seem a long journey just for one game :D As for Scotland, anywhere on the West Coast, Isle of Bute etc all stunning. Glasgow a great night out when you're done with the nature bit :thumbsup:

Have a blast mate.

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I choose to enjoy the good times and I'm old enough and experienced enough (like some of our current team, as David as posted, might see us over the line) as a Derby County Football Club Supporter, to be able to take the knocks and quickly get up again, ready to fight and encourage, and will the club I love, on to success. 

I'm not bothered about the rest of British fans at other clubs, and how the need and greed for constant entertainment and constant success with a quick fix, like spoilt babies behave, if they don't get their way, and so many of such, just don't get what they have at our wonderful club, or understand how to enjoy themselves or whether they want to enjoy themselves I'm not quite sure, it seems to be so many, always on the look out to blame someone or something whenether things don't instantly or magically happen for them etc. 

The power of being brainwashed by what they constantly watch on Sky Sports etc and constantly expect from their football club and what with all the money involved in football, and how it effects how people get so carried away, by their so called doom and gloom etc.

We are 5th in the league and looking fantastic for a play off spot, if I'm being honest, the reality is, we are looking very good indeed, so I'm going to enjoy myself. Right I'm off out for more beer wearing my Derby County t-shirt, sweatshirt and jacket with pride.

Could not have put it better myself. Best post of the day. Let's all enjoy the ride, because who knows where that could take us. Once a RAM always a RAM.

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

15 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Could not have put it better myself. Best post of the day. Let's all enjoy the ride, because who knows where that could take us. Once a RAM always a RAM.

Yes, yes and yes. So easy to criticise. I guess it's just a mindset. When you consider what the club has been though in years gone by these are hardly the dark days so many on here would have us believe them to be. Lot's to work on, much to improve, even us happy-clappers can see that but I figure we are probably where we should be right now and that is bang there with a great shot at promotion. It's weird and slightly depressing that these threads run to 100 pages plus when things aren't right, yet struggle to pass 30 when we actually do ok. 

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

...It's weird and slightly depressing that these threads run to 100 pages plus when things aren't right, yet struggle to pass 30 when we actually do ok. 

You miss the point entirely. When things aren't going well fans comment to try to point out how to put things right. When things are right there's not so much to say. Things are said because we want things right.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You miss the point entirely. When things aren't going well fans comment to try to point out how to put things right. When things are right there's not so much to say. Things are said because we want things right.

No mate, you miss the point entirely.

WIth your mindset, of course there's not much to say when we do well. For others, it's a very different story. You've spent this entire season sniping at the team and the manager - literally every feckin post. Whether you're right or not has become moot because all you offer is a relentless tide of negativity. I'm sorry but your posts don't offer any alternative vision, they're just pure lemon. If you want me to sift through these pages to illustrate the point with a couple of hundred examples of your oh so positive 'critiques' I will, but frankly, what would be the point?

Just now, 86 points said:

No mate, you miss the point entirely.

WIth your mindset, of course there's not much to say when we do well. For others, it's a very different story. You've spent this entire season sniping at the team and the manager - literally every feckin post.

This is a forum not a drug den - stop smoking **** and realise fans are gonna say what they feel.

Archived