Craig Forsyth

Richard246

Last night everyone had a bad game but Craig Forsyth was awful.

For the remainder of the season, he must be left out for his own good and either swap Baird

over to left back or replace with Johnson.

Jerome and Nugent are totally out of form so for me i would play Weimmen and palmer upfront with Vydra behind.

Carson

Wisdom                    Keogh           Davies          Baird

Ledley               Huddlestone            Johnson

Vydra

Weinmmen                           Palmer

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

He had a bad game yeah last night, but while Baird is a versatile player his performances when required at left back have been very poor.

Sith Happens
Just now, curtains said:

Needs a long rest. 

Maybe, but playing Baird or Johnson at left back isnt the answer.

Looked like didn’t give a flying **** last night. 

If you can stomach watching back the goals again, watch Forsyth for the fourth goal, just gives up and makes absolutely no attempt get the ball back after it hits him in the box, just spins round like a donkey, absolutely disgusting. 

After seeing that last night I’d be happy if he never put on a Derby shirt again, you can excuse being out of form to a degree, you can never excuse a lack of effort.

one of the many players that needs to have a long hard look at himself 

If Fozzy is the best option we have at left back then, I might take my boots and see if I can get a game (I am left footed if that helps). I may be nearer to qualifying for walking football than the under 23's but I reckon I couldn't do much worse.

He's just not been the same since his injury. 

• 3 months later...

His fitness looked better. He's solid. Good defender. Can play centre back too. No need to discard but a bit more quality going forward would improve us in the medium term. 

The only player who wasn't quite up to speed was johnno.

put vydra back in for Johnno and bring back chris and we've got a great base.

there never was any need to keep smashing this team up. 

• 3 months later...

Forsyth, had a really good game yesterday, we are very lucky to have 2 very good left backs at this level, for me, Forsyth gets the nod over Malone for his defensive skills, both can be very good at going forward, as has been seen recently. A good problem for Frank to have, both would get in 95 percent of teams in the championship.

59 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Forsyth has improved as a player. He looks more comfortable on the ball but he has so many options to pass to players now and less fear of having to get back in disarray. The interpassing is looking more and more like Man City. 

I think the bold bit is the key here, agree completely. No surprise his best ever showings were when he had Wardy, Dawkins, Hughes, Thorne and Hendrick etc offering themselves at every opportunity. It's exactly the same now. He's got options, space and good passers around him. 

His left peg is great, even if some do end up in row Z at times... beauty of the Championship I guess. I thought he looked two yards off it all last year but it seems he just needed that season to get back to grips with his fitness and form because he's been good so far this year. Long may it continue. 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Forsyth has improved as a player. He looks more comfortable on the ball but he has so many options to pass to players now and less fear of having to get back in disarray. The interpassing is looking more and more like Man City. 

I thought exactly this when he switched with Holmes and burst through the middle for the Marriott assist.

Looked much better this season. Still ducks the basics up sometimes which has always been my biggest criticism of him, 5 yard balls shouldn’t be as hard as he makes them sometimes. But he’s been better this year and some of crosses have been excellent, something not seen for a while. Seems much more composed than just walking it somewhere like he used to. Good variance in style between him and malone as well let’s us change depending on the sort of game.

He's a better defender than he is an attacker. There are times when he could look to go forwards but hits a lazy pass straight back to keogh.

he seems to have lost a bit of pace and mobility, but is still strong in the tackle and good in the air.

his left foot has always been an unpredictable weapon. Sometimes good. Sometimes awful.

He's been a great signing but this is his limit. 

I’ve never doubted Fozzie and for me he’s better than Malone. He’s a great pro; came back from 2 serious knee ligament tears. I remember when he first came on loan from Watford and played left-mid and I remarked on another board that he looked like a potential left-back who could “make the position his own for many seasons to come”. Yes he makes the odd loose pass but makes up for it with assists. When he puts in that trade-mark Mr Whippy he slices defenders in two and a goal often results.

Archived