Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The tough question is will Rowett start him in the next game? Pearce did nothing wrong today but Keogh’s far better on the ball than he is, which will be needed to break a team like Bolton down.

With only a handful of games left, it might be an idea to stop meddling and go with what we have. It makes it hard work for Baird on the wrong side, but he is so much better in every way than Forsyth. 

Cannot drop Pearce after today! Excellent performance, there was one piece of exceptional defending where he stayed on his feet in the box forced their winger to stay wide and blocked it behind. I don’t want to bash Keogh but I think he would’ve dived in if presented with the same situation. Hopefully Keogh will benefit from time out the side and come back the player he was prior to March.

Need to comment about Ramage’s Keogh rant before the game! An absolute character assassination. Don’t know if anyone heard it. I think he went way too far personally!! Pretty much saying this decision is 4 years too late and hinting he’s potentially a bad egg who goes behind management’s back to the Owners. I know there have been rumours of that in the past, I’m nowhere near in the know to possibly comment on whether ramage has a point?

I think there is an issue with Keogh in the pressure games, it’s like he’s hyper, he runs like a headless chicken chases the ball and forgets everything that makes him a good player. And he is a good player! 

For me he shouldn’t be captain but definitely has a role to play. Maybe switching to a back 3 would suit him.

Archived