Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

That’s the Problem right there, he won’t be dropped but he most definitely should be dropped. 

We need a Captain, a leader someone to dig us out of this mess we are in....and a Captain he certainly isn’t. 

I respect your opinion MuespachRam but IMO we need a manager to dig us out of this. I think GR has made many more mistakes than Keogh, who had a poor game Friday.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I respect your opinion MuespachRam but IMO we need a manager to dig us out of this. I think GR has made many more mistakes than Keogh, who had a poor game Friday.

Yep I agree Rowett needs to gig us out too, firstly by appointing a real captain or finding a leader from somewhere.  

Bit harsh, he’s certainly not useless , but when you’ve seen the like of Paul Blades, Mark Wright, Igor Stimac, it’s certainly hard to make a case why he should stop in the side after the mistakes he makes. I feel the only saving grace for him is when he does make one of his trademark mistakes he’s  only really got Pearce to challenge him, and in all fairness I don’t think I’ve ever seen a centre back given the run around as much as Pearce was at Birmingham last season .

1 hour ago, Key clubber said:

In all honesty I’d rather see a pile of house bricks be wheeled out rather than Keogh. Nearly every game there is some kind of blunder, he never seems to learn. I really don’t think I have ever seen a player make such a simple pass look so complex.

4 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Bit harsh, he’s certainly not useless , but when you’ve seen the like of Paul Blades, Mark Wright, Igor Stimac, it’s certainly hard to make a case why he should stop in the side after the mistakes he makes. I feel the only saving grace for him is when he does make one of his trademark mistakes he’s  only really got Pearce to challenge him, and in all fairness I don’t think I’ve ever seen a centre back given the run around as much as Pearce was at Birmingham last season .

Make your ******* mind up pal. Or are you saying 'he’s certainly not useless' because you intend to build an outdoor sh!thouse?

Calling for a player to come out and tweet, face the fans on a site which directed abuse through his wife, I wouldn’t even bother having an account to be honest.

Any kind of apology would not be met with acceptance and support for Monday, but a stream of profanity telling him to do one. We’re angry and rightly so, but we can be equally embarrassing as fans at times. 

Last night a gofundme page was set up to buy Forsyth out his contract. By a Derby fan.

It was a mistake of epic proportions on Friday night, truly horrific, one which he will be fully aware of as will Forsyth with his.

Save the apologies for the football pitch, this is where footballers do their talking, with their feet.

Curtis Davies is being applauded for fronting up, but his tweets are just words, he’s not been at the club as long or subjected to the levels of abuse Keogh has. I won’t knock him for tweeting or even Instagramming an apology, I even clicked like, but as I say it’s just words right now, words we have read before and will be worth nothing without a performance tomorrow.

What I don’t understand about this whole thread is the incessant claims about keoghs mistakes! Honestly, how many mistakes has he REALLY made this season? It appears it’s become a stick to beat Keogh with by the haters to try to justify their incessant criticism.

Now Keogh was bad the other night. Very bad. Worst game in a derby shirt. But it wasn’t the mistake that made it that bad, it was the constant poor clearances, charging out, not reading the game etc. So why do we constantly claim he makes mistakes, is it to say he’s always been this way so he needs to be dropped?

He was poor but one game doesn’t make his derby career! He doesn’t deserve to be dropped, certainly not for Alex bleeding Pearce! He’s been an excellent servant and threads like this make me worry as a derby fan. Perhaps you can question his captaincy, but his place in our squad? No

On 3/30/2018 at 21:22, McLovin said:

Awful, just awful. Him and Forsyth were donkeys today. I’m convinced Keogh is cursed

I suggested in a post earlier in the season that DCFC wouldn't get promoted with Keogh in the side. At the time I received a couple of negative responses. But I stand by it. 

He's committed, can't deny that. But like someone said earlier in the thread, I could put my heart and soul into a game and still wouldn't be very good. I've never thought he's as good as most fans think, and I certainly do not feel comfortable when he's on the ball. Even the simplest of passes looks like hard work for him.

2 hours ago, Finch said:

Leave RK alone. Wish we had more with his commitment. Those who don't make mistakes usually don't do anything.

It's not that simple. The poor quality and the timing of the mis-placed pass that lead to the second goal showed a lack of judgement and concentration from the teams leader, at a critical point in the game. Having already witnessed the Forsyth calamity, a resilient and robust performance would still have resulted in the Rams winning that game. Instead the players all joined in the circus performance. No credit due to any team members on the night I'm afraid. 

Something just isn't adding up with Richard Keogh.  I think no one could be that bad without trying. His pass on Friday broke every rule in defending.  The six year olds are taught not to pass across their own box.

Simply put, he is not only the common denominator in a failing club, he is the reason.

3 hours ago, unclej said:

Something just isn't adding up with Richard Keogh.  I think no one could be that bad without trying. His pass on Friday broke every rule in defending.  The six year olds are taught not to pass across their own box.

Simply put, he is not only the common denominator in a failing club, he is the reason.

Yes cause I’m sure he made Forsyth have an inability to track a runner and hit his own man with a pass, and I’m sure he made Jerome have the touch of dead donkey and the finishing ability of one as well.

Most of us agree that we have 4 or 5 regular starters who are simply not up to the job at the top end of this league 

Forsyth weimann Thorne (currently) Jerome Lawrence (currently) 

We for whatever reason (sales loans injuries) have no adequate replacements . Therefore it is not realistic to expect anything better than squeezing into the top 6 which in all honesty would be a feat in itself considering our form and final fixtures .   

Rarely have the fan base been positively surprised..  so now needs to be the time !!! 

17 hours ago, Key clubber said:

In all honesty I’d rather see a pile of house bricks be wheeled out rather than Keogh. Nearly every game there is some kind of blunder, he never seems to learn. I really don’t think I have ever seen a player make such a simple pass look so complex.

The House bricks would be in position more often than keogh ! ?

Archived