Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

On 4/9/2018 at 10:31, sage said:

Maybe people should cut Keogh some slack if his recent form has been poor.

Keogh shouldn't worry. The rest of the team haven't covered themselves in glory over the past couple of months. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the last few games have shown that Keogh isn't the problem with our defence - its a much wider issue.

I feel for him - he's been used a s a scapegoat by Rowett and has pretty much been left hang out to dry..

If Rowett has any sense at all the Keogh will be back for Saturday.

I genuinely feel for the bloke. He`s been very good pretty much all season, has one stinker against Sunderland and is dropped.

Definatly been made a scapegoat for the loss of form which has been to the detriment of the team imo.

6 minutes ago, Venkman 2 said:

If Rowett has any sense at all the Keogh will be back for Saturday.

I genuinely feel for the bloke. He`s been very good pretty much all season, has one stinker against Sunderland and is dropped.

Definatly been made a scapegoat for the loss of form which has been to the detriment of the team imo.

The rest will do him good .

Come back refreshed 

Take the captaincy off him, but I believe he has the character to come back and do a job.

His mistakes are fairly infrequent, and if he recaptures his early season form then he does make a difference.  I stand by moving on from him in the summer but I'd have him in now to try and save our season.   

I don't know if more has been made of it than should have been, but to put him back in after dropping him will see Rowett having to swallow a bit of pride.

One thing he is guilty of is trying too hard to cover and do other people’s jobs and if he just concentrated on doing his job he would still be in the team all the time, we have two quality central defenders Keogh and Davies and Pearce is decent cover but that is it.

4 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Playing around with the back four hasn't worked, at best it papered over the cracks. 

Gary needs to get Keogh back in, may it be in a back 4, a three at the back or a 5 at the back with wingbacks

Playing around with the back four hasn't worked, so you want us to play around with the back four?

Five at the back with two defensive midfielders playing virtually as two more center backs, that's seven on the edge of our area instead of our usual six.

Hmm, sounds like a plan.

Archived