Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearce has to stay in the side he’s been given a chance and took it

Keogh has been and still is a excellent player for this club. he’s hit a bit of bad form but gets to start every game when fit. Dropping him will do him the world of good, a bit of a rest & a message that you’re not guarenteed a starting place  

Keogh is a good championship defender, of course he has a mistake in him but if he didnt he wouldnt be playing for Derby he’d be at a higher level 

Everyone likes to give Keogh a bashing. He’s a good championship defender. However I’m glad he’s been dropped.

It does the team and himself a favour. Regardless of your hierarchy in the squad, nobody should be certain of starting place. Hopefully it gives him motivation to get back to his best form. Every player has a bad spell throughout a season. Maybe Keogh needed dropping more often for a game or two to keep him on his toes to produce quality performances.

And well done Alex Pearce ?

Keogh didn’t look to happy warming up on sideline yesterday. Came out after 10 mins, while Fozzy and Hanson gave big claps to the North stand, Keogh just jogged back and forth sucking his teeth/grimacing. He did give 2 small, lukewarm claps. Did not look happy.

Then again, it’s a good sign of a player doesn’t look happy to be on the bench. We want players that have a desire to play. Just wish he wouldn’t be so grumpy to the fans, especially us north standers, who don’t make any noise good or bad!

4 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Pearce has to stay in the side he’s been given a chance and took it

Keogh has been and still is a excellent player for this club. he’s hit a bit of bad form but gets to start every game when fit. Dropping him will do him the world of good, a bit of a rest & a message that you’re not guarenteed a starting place  

Keogh is a good championship defender, of course he has a mistake in him but if he didnt he wouldnt be playing for Derby he’d be at a higher level 

very true,same could be said for a lot of championship players

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Everyone likes to give Keogh a bashing. He’s a good championship defender. However I’m glad he’s been dropped.

It does the team and himself a favour. Regardless of your hierarchy in the squad, nobody should be certain of starting place. Hopefully it gives him motivation to get back to his best form. Every player has a bad spell throughout a season. Maybe Keogh needed dropping more often for a game or two to keep him on his toes to produce quality performances.

And well done Alex Pearce ?

not forgetting Joe Ledley who doesn't get the recognition he deserves in my opinion anyway,have no doubt some will disagree

41 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

not forgetting Joe Ledley who doesn't get the recognition he deserves in my opinion anyway,have no doubt some will disagree

Absolutely!

Our league record WITH Ledley:

W12 D7 L2 @ 2.05 points per game

Our league record WITHOUT Ledley:

W6 D7 L6 @ 1.32 points per game

17 hours ago, ck- said:

I think that's because you tend to criticise more the ones you know have got the ability - perhaps our frustration is based on what we know could have been, if only.....

Nail and head. ... He is actually a gifted footballer and I am a big fan because on top of that gift he possesses real passion, commitment, drive and loyalty ... He has just one weakness: he almost cares too much and thinks he has to cover for everything. So when the going gets rough he is all over the place which is what you don't want from a central defender. 

In a team that is performing, there are few centre Halfs at this level that I would chose over RK. ( none actually)

But If he gets shaky then there's trouble ahead yet when he is strutting he is a real commander. ... Just needs to breath deeply and think from time to time. Then he'd be serious Prem quality. TBH I have huge respect for all of Davies, Pearce and Keogh. Good and pretty consistent all of them. It's the blips that stop them being top drawer. The raw talent is there, any issues are about mental fortitude under certain types of stress. 

17 minutes ago, sage said:

It alleges that MM forbid PC from naming Keogh as captain. 

That is quite shocking if true.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

And nonsense if it isn't.

Who knows?

Perhaps all will become clearer when it gets to court.

Archived