Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

The problem with yesterday's defensive line up, was that none of them could offer anything going forward. Wisdom gets a nose bleed over the half way line Baird can't be effective going forward on the left side and neither cb can carry the ball out of defence. I suspect changes will be made for the Bolton game. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The problem with yesterday's defensive line up, was that none of them could offer anything going forward. Wisdom gets a nose bleed over the half way line Baird can't be effective going forward on the left side and neither cb can carry the ball out of defence. I suspect changes will be made for the Bolton game. 

You must have missed Wisdom putting that fantastic ball down the line for Nuge which unfortunately he overhit 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

You must have missed Wisdom putting that fantastic ball down the line for Nuge which unfortunately he overhit 

You've sort of proved my point, wisdom put a good ball down the line from a deep position. How many crosses do you remember either of our full backs making, did they overlap even once between them? 

Somehow, Wisdom's satnav went wrong and he ended up in space in the penalty area with a clear shot at goal and he panicked. 

Good teams have fullbacks which add to the attacking dimension of a team. People questioned Man City for spending so much money on attacking fullbacks in the close season, they've done alright, haven't they. Personally, I was disappointed that we let Christie go, so maybe I'm a little critical of wisdom. Having said that, had Christie made mistakes and been responsible for the penalty instead of wisdom yesterday, he'd have been slaughtered on here. 

15 minutes ago, ram59 said:

You've sort of proved my point, wisdom put a good ball down the line from a deep position. How many crosses do you remember either of our full backs making, did they overlap even once between them? 

Somehow, Wisdom's satnav went wrong and he ended up in space in the penalty area with a clear shot at goal and he panicked. 

Good teams have fullbacks which add to the attacking dimension of a team. People questioned Man City for spending so much money on attacking fullbacks in the close season, they've done alright, haven't they. Personally, I was disappointed that we let Christie go, so maybe I'm a little critical of wisdom. Having said that, had Christie made mistakes and been responsible for the penalty instead of wisdom yesterday, he'd have been slaughtered on here. 

Did  we get 2.5 Million go Cyrus. 

He was good on his day  

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

read the post.

I read the post - you made an exception. I pointed out that the exception was the point. Rowett like you has favourites. Lawrence would seem to be one, maybe Keogh isn't. That doesn't equate to your opinion of 'good management'.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I read the post - you made an exception. I pointed out that the exception was the point. Rowett like you has favourites. Lawrence would seem to be one, maybe Keogh isn't.

I think Gary likes Richard Keogh to be honest. 

A rest could do Keogh the world of good and Pearce took his chance after not playing for 38 games .

Players go in and out of form and that also will apply to everyone. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I think Gary likes Richard Keogh to be honest. 

A rest could do Keogh the world of good and Pearce took his chance after not playing for 38 games .

Players go in and out of form and that also will apply to everyone. 

I don't doubt that. Why not rest Lawrence then?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't doubt that. Why not rest Lawrence then?

What’s his option though there mate .

Russell wanted to go so we are a winger down and Palmer isn’t a winger .

Lawrence is great down the middle and someone suggested try him and Vydra as a pair down the middle but because Palmer isn’t a winger and Lookman changed his mind at the last minute we are a winger short unless he uses Anya. 

Just now, Boycie said:

Palmer can jinx past a man with a step over or other tricks, he can pass a ball, I assume he can cross a ball. He can spot a pass it seems too.

What else does a winger do?

It’s about opinions just as it is about Wiemann 

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Palmer can jinx past a man with a step over or other tricks, he can pass a ball, I assume he can cross a ball. He can spot a pass it seems too.

Miscellaneous winger admin.

27 minutes ago, Boycie said:

For us? Defend. 

I don't think he is suited to that position in this team. Isn't Lawrence our 4th highest tackler?

I’m sure you’re right, But I’ve not seen enough of him to say he can’t tackle as well as say weimann can.

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

For us? Defend. 

I don't think he is suited to that position in this team. Isn't Lawrence our 4th highest tackler?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I read the post - you made an exception. I pointed out that the exception was the point. Rowett like you has favourites. Lawrence would seem to be one, maybe Keogh isn't. That doesn't equate to your opinion of 'good management'.

No, it equates to you not understanding. His management of Keogh is good management, as it is with other players. Lawrence is an exception,, not the rule. You can't use an exception to base an entire argument on.

Unless you are you, that is.

Archived