Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Need to comment about Ramage’s Keogh rant before the game! An absolute character assassination. Don’t know if anyone heard it. I think he went way too far personally!! Pretty much saying this decision is 4 years too late and hinting he’s potentially a bad egg who goes behind management’s back to the Owners. I know there have been rumours of that in the past, I’m nowhere near in the know to possibly comment on whether ramage has a point?

I think there is an issue with Keogh in the pressure games, it’s like he’s hyper, he runs like a headless chicken chases the ball and forgets everything that makes him a good player. And he is a good player! 

For me he shouldn’t be captain but definitely has a role to play. Maybe switching to a back 3 would suit him.

I heard it too. Difficult to say if Ramage went too far as we don’t know what info he has that we don’t.  

I think RK has had a good season but has been really poor recently. Friday he was awful.  It does make me think that his problem is not his footballing ability but rather between his ears.  Unfortunately the two are inseparable and I reckon it was right to take him out of the firing line. In the second half on Friday I watched him usher the ball out of play and he looked wild eyed, weird, even wired.  Perhaps it is best for him to move on at the end of the season.  I rate him.  I think he’s an excellent player and defender but there’s a toxicity to the way he’s regarded by some fans which makes things incredibly difficult for him. 

I find him a rather strange character but if anyone thinks he doesn’t care or doesn’t try his best, they’re way off beam.

(After the Sunderland gameit also felt a bit as if Curtis D was becoming frustrated with him.)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Need to comment about Ramage’s Keogh rant before the game! An absolute character assassination. Don’t know if anyone heard it. I think he went way too far personally!! Pretty much saying this decision is 4 years too late and hinting he’s potentially a bad egg who goes behind management’s back to the Owners. I know there have been rumours of that in the past, I’m nowhere near in the know to possibly comment on whether ramage has a point?

I think there is an issue with Keogh in the pressure games, it’s like he’s hyper, he runs like a headless chicken chases the ball and forgets everything that makes him a good player. And he is a good player! 

For me he shouldn’t be captain but definitely has a role to play. Maybe switching to a back 3 would suit him.

Agree on the character assassination bit, well over the top from someone who should know better.

Sith Happens

The same ramage who tried to cast doubt that David Nugent illness was genuine earlier in the season.

Didn't hear his rant today but it's to be hoped he has some factual information to substantiate it or Radio Derby should be considering his further participation.

Ramage and Dawes are a pair of twonks. I've stopped listening to games that I can't make because of them. They always have their favourite to call and berate. Earlier in the season it was Huddlestone then Martin then Russell now it sounds like Keogh's turn. 

Keogh perhaps needs the captaincy elsewhere rather than him and we could see a more relaxed player. 

One thing for sure is if we are going to come into some form, we need a settled side and I don't see Pearce being in a settled side. Lets not forget that Keogh was part of a defence that leaked very few goals for a big number of games. 

I'm always of the belief is that all players go through bad patches  - and give them a break. - they will come back stronger. I think it was a brave but right thing to do today. The majority of the time Rich Keogh has been great for Derby - and wears the badge well.

Give the guy a break

he'll be the first one congratulating the team today on a well earned away win

Rams squad need to stick together ...next thing you know Lawrence might  be firing them in from all angles and Jerome might get on the end of them.....funny ol game 

1 hour ago, Whoneedshuls said:

With keoghs surging runs forward would it be an idea to try him in the holding role ? Or maybe try a back 3 of Davies Pearce and keogh with wing backs of wisdom and fozzy.

no. The surging run has possibly led to 1 goal in all these years. Do not sacrifice the correct balance of a side for something that is of minimal benefit. You wouldn't pick a goalkeeper cos he's good at taking throw-ins, why pick a player who gallops pointlessly forward before passing the ball sideways then backtracking? 

Just now, Moist One said:

no. The surging run has possibly led to 1 goal in all these years. Do not sacrifice the correct balance of a side for something that is of minimal benefit. You wouldn't pick a goalkeeper cos he's good at taking throw-ins, why pick a player who gallops pointlessly forward before passing the ball sideways then backtracking? 

Post of the day 

8 minutes ago, Moist One said:

He says as the best team in the country pick their ‘keepers on ability with the ball at their feet and centre-halves who are comfortable on the ball…

1 minute ago, cannable said:

He says as the best team in the country pick their ‘keepers on ability with the balk at their feet and centre-halves who are comfortable on the ball…

they are also world class shot-stoppers and ball-catchers though! :lol: come on bud, must do better!

Irrespective of whether Keogh should play or not, anyone who takes anything Ramage says seriously needs their head examining. Yes he's an ex player but week after week, rather than giving a balanced view on the games he seems intent on playing up to the 'Jack The Lad' image he's created for himself, encoyraged by that other buffoon he shares the microphone with.

He can't bring keogh back in for bolt-on. What kind of message would that send to the rest of the squad. Sit and wait patiently for your chance and then take it when it comes, only to get bombed straight out again! Wouldn't put it past rowett tho

1 minute ago, Hinzy9 said:

He can't bring keogh back in for bolt-on. What kind of message would that send to the rest of the squad. Sit and wait patiently for your chance and then take it when it comes, only to get bombed straight out again! Wouldn't put it past rowett tho

He won’t drop Pearce he was very good today as was Baird at LB 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Hinzy9 said:

He can't bring keogh back in for bolt-on. What kind of message would that send to the rest of the squad. Sit and wait patiently for your chance and then take it when it comes, only to get bombed straight out again! Wouldn't put it past rowett tho

You're nuts.

Archived