Rowett, a year in charge

David

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fink it's great if you only want to look at the upside of the season up to second place .Hardly a mention about the slide other than the club in general has to get away from it's February so this is what we endure attitude .

Happy clappers will love it , 139 so far and no opinions strange  that . Personally I think it would do Pravda proud would like to have seen a more balanced view and no adverts please.

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I fink it's great if you only want to look at the upside of the season up to second place .Hardly a mention about the slide other than the club in general has to get away from it's February so this is what we endure attitude .

Happy clappers will love it , 139 so far and no opinions strange  that . Personally I think it would do Pravda proud would like to have seen a more balanced view and no adverts please.

Yea, need a bit of the old Daily Mail to bring some balance and common sense to discussions me thinks....

Not a bad year whatever happens. 

I think a good chairman and a good fan should be happy to see improvement and the potential for even more improvement. 

We've had that and I do think the football has improved from the early season garbage. 

Said it before but I don't think we had a squad that we could dig deep with. A pretty good 12/13 players and then the standard drops off. Come injuries (Or a rubbish January transfer window!) then all our vulnerabilities are exposed. 

I'd really like to see players coming in who maybe aren't "experienced" but who's careers are on the upward trajectory rather than the slide down.

That would be my main gripe with Rowett. I don't enjoy our style of play but it is effective. However the players we bring in such as Hudders, Davies, Jerome, Ledley are kind of short term. In a squad that has enough of players entering their end years I'd like to see us mix in some younger players who will have value and/or years left for the club should Rowett be sacked/leave. 

22 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not a bad year whatever happens. 

I think a good chairman and a good fan should be happy to see improvement and the potential for even more improvement. 

We've had that and I do think the football has improved from the early season garbage. 

Said it before but I don't think we had a squad that we could dig deep with. A pretty good 12/13 players and then the standard drops off. Come injuries (Or a rubbish January transfer window!) then all our vulnerabilities are exposed. 

I'd really like to see players coming in who maybe aren't "experienced" but who's careers are on the upward trajectory rather than the slide down.

That would be my main gripe with Rowett. I don't enjoy our style of play but it is effective. However the players we bring in such as Hudders, Davies, Jerome, Ledley are kind of short term. In a squad that has enough of players entering their end years I'd like to see us mix in some younger players who will have value and/or years left for the club should Rowett be sacked/leave. 

You put it so much more gently than I would...

"Progress".  :no:

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Happy clappers will love it , 139 so far and no opinions strange  that .

It's a half hour long video to watch which I posted at 8am on a Monday morning, most people will be arriving or travelling at work that will not have had chance to watch yet. Plus bots and guests reading that out number members 3 to 1 are not able to post.

Don't find it strange at all.

I hope Gary is here to speak about his second season in charge this time next year.

I could make many criticisms about his first year starting with not trying to build a team round Will Hughes, but that’s my own personal preference of how to play football.

First and foremost i am a Derby fan and want the club to succeed. I want to see Mel’s face when we clinch promotion - for all his perceived and real faults MM is one of us with enough dosh to live the dream of making his home town club great again. 

The owner, the fans and everyone associated with DCFC should give Gary until the end of next season to try and achieve that dream.

Do the moaning on here, in the pub or at work but when at the match let’s all give 100% backing to GR. 

If Gary ultimately fails then let it be because he wasn’t quite good enough not because we (or Mel) weren’t patient enough to give him the time and support.

48 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's a video and interview shot and conducted by the club, what do we expect? Some sort of Spanish inquisition?

If you were expecting Owen Bradley to ask him why results have gone off a cliff and why we suddenly have an ageing squad then I think that might be your own fault.

The hook was Gary’s top five games from his first year in charge, that was pretty explicitly said from the start. 

We did a half-season review and I’m sure we’ll do a more forensic look back with him at the end of the season too. 

45 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

The hook was Gary’s top five games from his first year in charge, that was pretty explicitly said from the start. 

We did a half-season review and I’m sure we’ll do a more forensic look back with him at the end of the season too. 

Don't get me wrong I am not having a go at you or the video, more the idea that the video will only cater to 'happy clapping' fans like it is some sort of puff piece.

6 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Don't think anyone on here wants him to fail ,even his critics  would say they were wrong if it turns out that way 

All of them Kevin?....don't think so...there are still some posters who were disgracefully anti Keogh who have never registered any praise for him. Best we have had is their silence. 

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

All of them Kevin?....don't think so...there are still some posters who were disgracefully anti Keogh who have never registered any praise for him. Best we have had is there silence. 

Well if that's the case they ain't real Derby fans :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

All of them Kevin?....don't think so...there are still some posters who were disgracefully anti Keogh who have never registered any praise for him. Best we have had is their silence. 

Must be the lambs.

Archived