Winnall wants to stay at Derby

Day

Sam Winnall  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good player, I would sign him up whether we're in the premier league or championship. The difference between the bottom 10 in the premier league and top 10 in the championship isn't very big at all. Winnall reminds me of Ashley Barnes at Burnley and he gets a fair few goals at premier league level.

Reminds me of a Rob Hulse style player, who was very under appreciated here...... glad he’s been appreciated by most on the forum, especially since he’s out injured. 

Feels like a very much old school striker. Pretty happy if he signed up. 

41 minutes ago, sage said:

Vibe on a free from Brentford?

Or pick Martin and pass the ball on the floor. 

With what we have I would have been playing Martin and Vydra all season personally but I am sure Martin and winnall would do fine as well 

Even just for his chant I'd love to sign him! I really rated Winnall, plus I could always rub it in to my Leeds supporting friends about his goals against them. A player that added something every time he was on the pitch. I'd sign him without a second thought if we're in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

There lies the problem, he is a Sheffield Wednesday player and after the season they have had they would want big money which we don’t have so our chance lies with the player himself wanting to leave them and wanting to join us and all that risk with a bad injury 

Agree,know plenty of Wendies and they are saying big money plus compo for Butters.

41 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Reminds me of a Rob Hulse style player, who was very under appreciated here...... glad he’s been appreciated by most on the forum, especially since he’s out injured. 

Feels like a very much old school striker. Pretty happy if he signed up. 

He doesn't play anything like Rob Hulse. He reminds me of Tito Villa

I'd like to keep him whatever division we're in.

He's a natural goalscorer who works his backside off, whether starting or on the bench. Attitude seems spot on - comes across as a good lad off the pitch & has that inner fight to want to play every game and not be happy to just be picking up a pay cheque, whilst not throwing his toys out of the pram when he doesn't start!

All that said, he's just suffered a 2nd ACL injury so he needs to get back 100%  first, and we shouldn't be paying much over the £2m mark.

I sense that this'll be the transfer saga that runs and runs this summer...

1 hour ago, sage said:

He doesn't play anything like Rob Hulse. He reminds me of Tito Villa

Disagree, with Winnall, you’re likely to get 15-20 a season out of him if starting..... Villa looked like a lost puppy totally out of sync with English football..... barring 1 hat trick in a cup tie....

Winnall a very good all round player like Hulse was. Runs the channels, brings others into play, scores goals, strong, not bullied.... everything Villa was not.

Be daft not to sign him in my opionion. 

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Wait to see how he recovers from his injury before even considering it. Doubt other clubs will be queuing up until that is ascertained.

Agreed.

We have seen with Forsyth and Thorne what could happen... If he gets his fitness back, I'd try to get him back for another loan.

Archived