Reaction Thoughts

Day

Have they made you a lazy poster, in that you can agree, disagree with a quick click rather than voice your opinion?

When you go to drop that angry face and it's not there, would you take to the editor to voice your displeasure in what you are reading or simply scroll past?

Do you have notifications on to alert you to reactions, or have you switched it off, do you check to see what Barry reacted with or are not bothered?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, David said:

Have they made you a lazy poster, in that you can agree, disagree with a quick click rather than voice your opinion?

I do use them to respond quickly, but if I do feel the need to voice my opinion I will quote and reply.

When you go to drop that angry face and it's not there, would you take to the editor to voice your displeasure in what you are reading or simply scroll past?

As above 

Do you have notifications on to alert you to reactions, or have you switched it off, do you check to see what Barry reacted with or are not bothered?

Yes

44 minutes ago, David said:

I maybe would post more without them but who wants to scroll through pages of posters just saying "yeah I agree" or "what they said"?.

Most of the time, somebody has expressed their/my opinion more eloquently than I can myself, so often just give them applause & move on.

On the disagree thing, it would be nice to have a sad face or thumbs down maybe. The angry face seems too extreme. Don't think I've ever used the cry one - it it supposed to be for sadness or a sarcastic "boo-hoo"?

Depends on the poster and the board. If it's someone's considered opinion and I can have a proper discussion with them in The Pub, then I'll hang around. If it's somebody venting in Rams Talk, I try not to bite.

Alerts off. Every now & then I'll notice the new notifications and have a look - especially when I'm quoted.

1 hour ago, David said:

I have always been a lazy poster. Why use a hundred words when two will do (provided the second is 'off')?

Never used the angry face (at least I can't remember doing so - maybe when drunk).

Notifications are useful as an indication of what works and what doesn't. I'm on a mission to get 30,000 likes before I reach 30,000 posts. That means that I need 6421 positive reactions in the next 4159 posts - a stiff task in itself.

17 hours ago, David said:

No, I like them and it saves cluttering up the board with replies that don't add to the debate. 

If the angry face wasn't there I would probably ignore the post unless it got me really riled. To be honest , I hardly use it now Ninos has disappeared!  

I agree that a facepalm would be useful as sometimes using the laugh might make a poster think they are amusing when I might be inferring they are unbelievable. Other times I am genuinely amused so I do think our current option is a bit ambiguous.

I use 'cheers' the least as I am a bit confused as to the difference between that and a like. 

Are notifications the little number that appears in the right hand corner? They make me anxious but I feel compelled to check them out anyway! 

On 21/03/2018 at 14:48, David said:

Yes a little bit.

I would like a couple more though??.

I had notifications on once and it was a nightmare on my phone,so no.

Probably, yes.

Think pfft and scroll past. Learned my lesson the hard way.

Just got the notification thing on the bell on the top right hand corner to alert me when a like floods in.

Wouldn’t mind a ? which I would use, not as a like, but to show I’ve acknowledged a quote I agree with but don’t want to respond to.

Happy with the ? to show I’ve liked/agreed with something.

? I would use in preference to the angry face, which I don’t think I’ve used yet. 

PistoldPete2

Fine, despite being Mr Angry Ive never used the angry emoji. maybe im just angry all the time , its not a reaction, just a natural state of mind. 

Mostly ignored, rather they weren't there. The Chamath Palihapitiya (big time Charlie @ Facebook) chap's comments since his departure sums up how effective these sort of things are (feedback loops) at penetrating into people's need for validation - I bet it makes more people spend more time on your forum though so good for you ;). It used to be kids getting their "dopamine" hit on social media but now you have their parents and grandparents at it. Not hard to see how damaging this is (my personal view) when you sit in a public place and watch how wired in people are, largely "notification" led I suspect.

Archived