RamsTV Meets Charlie George

David

10 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I've absolutely loved both parts of this interview. 

Signed before I was even born, but it's lovely to be able to flesh out the legend I've read so much about, and he's pretty much exactly as I've imagined him to be.

Great work again Colin Gibson and RamsTV, keep them coming.

Good Lord...and I thought you were an old fart in a bath chair @reveldevil...:mellow:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:54, KCG said:

He was an absolutely fantastic player who should have had England caps galore, but only played once (?) when that idiot Revie put him on the right-wing.

In the 70s England could have had a very good team, with the likes of Bowles, Currie, Hudson, Worthington, Marsh and of course Charlie, but Ramsey & Revie preferred cart horses over skill.

Charlie could turn a game with just one flash of brilliance and often did.

Could you just imagine any England manager trying to impose a curfew on that little lot?!! Well, apart from "Old Big 'Ead" - he'd have had them as lively on the pitch as no doubt they were, off it!!! 

Charlie George king of all cockneys ,,,, any other old farts like me on this forum who were lucky enough to stand in the bbg and watch him whilst singing that know that’s all that needs saying ??? 

16 minutes ago, archied said:

Charlie George king of all cockneys ,,,, any other old farts like me on this forum who were lucky enough to stand in the bbg and watch him whilst singing that know that’s all that needs saying ??? 

Dave MacKay {after beating Finn Harps 12-0 at home in the EUFA Cup} "In the 2nd leg, we will be under-estimating the opposition".  :mellow:

He took penalties in full knowledge that he would score...did he ever miss one?

Loved his supposed comment to the England manager at the time phoning him to come back into the international side, well, England B

”C is for Charlie, C is for class, stick yer England shirt up yer ......!”

I cant help but think that’s been repeated a few times at after dinner speeches, I’d love to think he say it though.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I delivered a bed to Charlie, he gave me 10 bob tip. 50p was a decent tip in 1975.

A genuine Rams legend for me, yeah a lot of players were with us for longer but I just have lasting memories of how happy he made me watching him play.

Did you drive divan?

10 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Nah, I was only 16 at the time and used to bunk off work but didn’t that day. 

Did you have cover?

I really enjoyed watching this. It was great. I only really saw Charlie play when he came back in 1982 I know my Dad was excited but Derby were in free fall and he only stopped the inevitable for a season. I had one of those photos of him signed. I might have a look for it when I next go to my mothers.

Archived