Ant McPartlin arrested on suspicion of drink driving

David

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the video of him getting out his car after the accident, he looks well drunk.

I don’t understand why his mum didn’t tell him not to drive, looking at footage it was very obvious he was too far gone, unless his mum had been drinking too? I’m not saying she was by the way.

Its a sorry mess, and I feel sorry for him, but he can afford rehab but not a taxi?  I wonder if  ITV will be paying for the rehab? They’ll be losing lots of money in enhanced advertising rates I bet they were charging for the prime time slot.

Also, what happens to the poor buggers who’ve won trips to America for the last show?

Its all a mess isn’t it?

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Just seen the video of him getting out his car after the accident, he looks well drunk.

I don’t understand why his mum didn’t tell him not to drive, looking at footage it was very obvious he was too far gone, unless his mum had been drinking too? I’m not saying she was by the way.

Its a sorry mess, and I feel sorry for him, but he can afford rehab but not a taxi?  I wonder if  ITV will be paying for the rehab? They’ll be losing lots of money in enhanced advertising rates I bet they were charging for the prime time slot.

Also, what happens to the poor buggers who’ve won trips to America for the last show?

Its all a mess isn’t it?

Not seen the video but I was thinking the same with his mum when the news first broke, my guess was that he may have been drinking the night before and still in his system which is why she may not have realised.  

Could that still not be a possibility and he was simply shaken when getting out the car, or was he clutching a bag of pork scratchings asking who's round it is next?

5 hours ago, David said:

Could that still not be a possibility and he was simply shaken when getting out the car, or was he clutching a bag of pork scratchings asking who's round it is next?

He looks absolutely steaming in that new video. I also assumed it would've been a 'morning after' thing but it doesnt look like it - it looks like he's got absolutely bladdered and driven a car.

Charged, in court April 4th. The show will go on though, Dec is going solo.

Be interesting to see how he get's on without his sidekick, come close to trying it a few times without Boycie but never quite pulled the trigger for some reason.

1 hour ago, David said:

Charged, in court April 4th. The show will go on though, Dec is going solo.

Be interesting to see how he get's on without his sidekick, come close to trying it a few times without Boycie but never quite pulled the trigger for some reason.

I’ve told you about the Tower of London and it’s Ravens init.

I've seen his estranged wife in the papers banging on about how she could've saved him from this mess - but she looks a mess herself! She looks how people look when they're a massive alcoholic. I wonder if either of them are particularly well?

You know my sympathies with regards addiction etc, but you have take responsibility of your actions. He ain’t the victim, let’s not pretend otherwise. 

Interesting comment on the long-standing situation in this week's Popbitch mailout

Reporters at the Sun had taken a serious look into Ant's various personal problems, and they knew how deep-rooted his lifestyle issues were. None of that reporting saw the light of day though, as it was all jettisoned in favour of a bunch of relatively soft-soap tell-all interviews so as to try to preserve the Ant and Dec brand (and, by extension, ITV's share price).

Now it's clear that Ant's problems weren't just a blip caused by knee surgery, will any of the bad actors in this whole sorry episode pause for thought?

Will the friends and colleagues who always piled back to Ant's for his legendarily generous after-show parties consider their part in it? What about the handlers who spun those semi-fictional stories to keep their commissions intact? The hacks who helped it along to further their careers? What about the execs who dragged him back on air to meet their ratings targets?

Where everyone else on ITV was content to skirt over the Ant McPartlin situation with a brief, solemn word, Piers Morgan was uniquely vocal in his insistence that Dec push on with his career, go it alone and keep the money rolling in while Ant battles with his demons in rehab (and/or prison).

Why is Piers so invested in Dec continuing to hold down the very lucrative fort?

He isn't. But their shared manager (James Grant Management) is.

Archived