Beatles or Stones?

Stripperg-ram

Beatles or Stones?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To me, it’s a no a brainer; 

For all of their late 60’s/early 70’s peak swagger and snake hipped rock prowess, Mick and Keef will never hold a light to the immaculate melodies of the Fab 4.

What do you all think?

(if I knew how to create a poll, I would)

Cheers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I was only about six when they came to fame, I have to go with the Beatles as they appealed to the young me.

Also, my big sister used to persuade me to buy Beatles singles with my pocket money (she'd always spent hers) and then she'd swap them with a neighbour for Stones' singles. I've never quite forgiven them for that (or her!)

Thanks @David for sorting the poll...??

And while we’re all sipping our hot Toddy’s, warming our limbs near the fire, as the chill from outside precludes Welshmen and northern, owl faced managers from being civil - 

Whats your favourite (not ‘the best’ - that’s different!) Album from both bands..?

I’ll hit you up with Abbey Road (with The White Album a V close 2nd)

and Let it Bleed.

PistoldPete2

I love them both, and there was never proper rivalry between the two  as they both respected each other. The stones are cooler and more consistently rock and roll. But for their sheer prolific output, (in what was incredibly only an eight year recording career), the consistent quality and variety of styles, and the pure iconography , it has to be the Beatles. They are are just beyond compare.     

1 hour ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Thanks @David for sorting the poll...??

And while we’re all sipping our hot Toddy’s, warming our limbs near the fire, as the chill from outside precludes Welshmen and northern, owl faced managers from being civil - 

Whats your favourite (not ‘the best’ - that’s different!) Album from both bands..?

I’ll hit you up with Abbey Road (with The White Album a V close 2nd)

and Let it Bleed.

Rubber Soul for me, though I think Abbey Road is a close second favourite. 

Not so familiar with Stones' albums so I will go for Goat's Head Soup as it contains the track that has followed me around for years! 

Archived