Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

Sith Happens
27 minutes ago, Hollybush said:

In all my  40 odd years of watching football I have never heard of a game being postponed because people may have trouble getting home post game.

games that have started get called off if the pitch becomes unplayable, not because it might be a bit tricky for fans to get home

The fact that they couldn't get home was just an example that conditions were not improving.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conditions were improving though.

Had the kick off time time been delayed the game would have gone ahead.

games do not get called off because fans may have difficulty getting home.

not looking for an argument but it’s a fact 

Sith Happens
Just now, Hollybush said:

Conditions were improving though.

Had the kick off time time been delayed the game would have gone ahead.

games do not get called off because fans may have difficulty getting home.

nit looking for an argument but it’s a fact 

I did not say it was and you know it. How can conditions have been improving if fans that were able to get to the derby area then subsequently had problems getting home?

Just because conditions may have been improving where you are doesn't mean they were everywhere. You say its fact, did you personally inspect all the surrounding areas and those where ground staff and stewards live etc? How do you know its fact?

How long do you leave it to call it off ? If they had waited a few hours on the basis it might go ahead at 3pm and matters did not improve or worsened then the club get slated again.

Its very easy to state a fact with the benefit of hindsight.

1 hour ago, Hollybush said:

Could the game not have been delayed for an hour so ?

fans already on the way would be able to keep up with events on social media and Sky could have still shown it , at a revised kick off time on one of their many sports channels.

its not as if it’s uniique for games to be delayed

Maybe the game could have been delayed by an hour or so, but the weather could have got worse (as was forecast), thousands more people could have been out on the ('at your own risk' / 'only travel if it's essential') roads and the decision could still have been to postpone the match.

What would happen then? The club would probably get the blame for not postponing the match earlier!  We'd probably be blamed for ignoring police and weather warnings for the sake of raking in the Sky TV money.

Instead of taking any of that into consideration it seems all too many people would rather live for the drama and damn the club's decision with hindsight, basically playing up to the Mardiff fans and doing their job for them.

Even Radio Derby haven't helped by willingly giving so much airtime to that big old hypocritical bag of wind Warnock.

On Sunday, I woke at 8, had a look out and thought, hmm, that's not good, it was still snowing.  Found out the match was off at 8.30,  not suprised.  By about 10ish it looked ok, would have probably tried to make it.  12, I was out shopping.  

I suppose Derby were under pressure to ***t or get off the pot early to let the Cardiff fans travelling turn round and go home.  The Police telling us not to go out unless essential didn't help, although they seem to have shirked any responsibility for that which is bizarre. Ruddy snowflakes. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Hollybush said:

Correct, but it is a fact

Prove it. Prove that all the stewards who had already contacted the club stating they couldn't make it would have been able to later in the day.

Just because a pitch is playable doesn't mean the game can go ahead.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Prove it. Prove that all the stewards who had already contacted the club stating they couldn't make it would have been able to later in the day.

Just because a pitch is playable doesn't mean the game can go ahead.

You're wasting your energy Paul. He knows his facts. 

This has all escalated because of Warnock. Their Chair calling for our club to reimburse all their supporters for ticket and travel costs is grandstanding in an attempt to put pressure on the EFL to take action against Derby.

I don't like it. Matches are postponed all over the country on a regular basis without anywhere near this kind of scrutiny. When people talk about an agenda against Derby County I laugh it off but sometimes I wonder.

Sith Happens

I dont believe for a minute the club will say the police were involved if they were not.

The police are saying the club made the final decision thats all, they arent saying they were not involved in discussions.

45 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

On Sunday, I woke at 8, had a look out and thought, hmm, that's not good, it was still snowing.  Found out the match was off at 8.30,  not suprised.  By about 10ish it looked ok, would have probably tried to make it.  12, I was out shopping.  

I suppose Derby were under pressure to ***t or get off the pot early to let the Cardiff fans travelling turn round and go home.  The Police telling us not to go out unless essential didn't help, although they seem to have shirked any responsibility for that which is bizarre. Ruddy snowflakes. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Abso - forkin' - lutely. Well done Derbyshire Constabulary for your solidarity there..."Please Sir, Mr Warnock, it had nothing to do with us...." but "by the way everybody don't venture out unless it's absolutely necessary, it's just not safe..." talk about having your cake and eating it. Somebody should tell the old bill that with leadership comes responsibility. :mellow: 

12 hours ago, Beagle said:

Getting fed up with this now Cardiff FC  are being shown up for being a mirror image of their attention seeking manager  who decided to take his team to a football ground where they had already been informed no game was being played and then moan nobody was there.......surprisingly.

That’s the crux of it really, the self importance of NW knows no bounds. 

Games off.... lets go to the ground anyway and on the way there let’s inform SKY we will be there to be interviewed for some one sided, trivial and pointless self indulgence. 

What a **** ????

Archived