Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, campavanram said:

I’ve traveled 500 miles down and got 500 more tomorrow to travel back again without a shovel ☃️

Dedication is this from an Aberdeenshire Ram!

campavanram you should have gone to Rotherham away with the rest of the clan. 6 goals and Half Man Half Biscuit live in Holmfirth!...

On your way back up, I'll leave the shovel in the front drive, your welcome to clean my drive and the rest of Inverurie if ya like!

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Got to say I totally agree with Warnock. It is pathetic to call it off, especially that close to kick off...

we will regret not getting the orange ball out. 

There was no need for an orange ball.

Reflects badly on the club when Motherwell can get their game on in Scotland!

Also it seems Wigan had no issues this morning and Leicester a few miles down the down the road can get their game on this afternoon.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Got to say I totally agree with Warnock. It is pathetic to call it off, especially that close to kick off...

we will regret not getting the orange ball out. 

Some call to make given your distance. Sat in Florida with your toes in the pool, you must have the same knowledge as I do of what the roads were like in the local area. 

Just now, superfit said:

Also it seems Wigan had no issues this morning and Leicester a few miles down the down the road can get their game on this afternoon.

Didn’t snow as bad in Leicester.  Derby and Derbyshire has it really bad. 

4 minutes ago, superfit said:

I forgot that Derby County controls the snow ploughs and gritters in Derbyshire and ensures all roads are clear? Oh yes, that's right. They don't. How is this relevant at all? The pitch was playable, the roads were unsafe. What has this got to do with Derby? More likely it reflects badly on councils for not putting grit down/clearing roads. Ridiculous comment.

Embarrassing to call it off. My mate came up from London for the match, so a ton thrown away on train tickets there and we are currently sat in the dolphin having travelled in without any difficulty from Hathersage. We had to come in as said mate will be on the train from Derby. Not chuffed to be fair, whatever the reason. But in our experience today, it wasn't related to the weather.

I shouldn't be surprised by anything around football fans any more.

But I am surprised that people really think that such a decision was taken because the squad has injuries. I always thought Colin, as much as I don't like him, was quite an intelligent man too, and even he's fallen for it. I refuse to believe Derby would be so stupid to risk what would probably be quite a severe punishment for effectively throwing a game.

Clowns to the left, jokers to the right.. it's quite funny watching everyone's knickers getting in a twist. Not just Cardiff, but Forest fans too.

9 minutes ago, IamDeathside said:

Embarrassing to call it off. My mate came up from London for the match, so a ton thrown away on train tickets there and we are currently sat in the dolphin having travelled in without any difficulty from Hathersage. We had to come in as said mate will be on the train from Derby. Not chuffed to be fair, whatever the reason. But in our experience today, it wasn't related to the weather.

Feel for you and your mate. 

Totally pathetic excuse to call it off  

Embarrassing and desperate. 

10 minutes ago, superfit said:

Didn't Scotland get the worst of it?

Also 4,500 Southampton fans managed to get to Wigan okay?

I by no means wanted the game off but weather conditions dictated the situation. 

3pm kick might have been different but I still think it would have been off. 

I think we all know, deep down, that the game should have been played. For whatever reason it wasn't.

It makes it harder for us and harder for you. Nothing worse than games getting crammed together.

I just feel for the Cardiff fans that travelled. Such a late call, which could have been made yesterday. Pitch is fine, stands are fine, surrounding area's fine but apparently some fan couldn't make it from Orkney.....Game Off.

Archived